Recent content by Larbo

1. Larbo

Smelly shower pan options

One question, with a membrane pan material, is the floor tile typically built right on top of the membrane? Thanks
  2. Larbo

Thanks for giving me the shower pan lowdown!!! I cannot say what is going on definatively but it certainly does not seem to be draining (very well, at least). Knowing it may be of temporary beneift, I think I would still like to try to treat the "swamp" water, then caulk it. All can think of...
  3. Larbo

Thanks for the lengthy reply. The drain does not smell and it seems that broken grout has allowed water to leak under the tile flooring. Do I read right that the drain has an opening under the flooring in order to keep the pan drained? Not that it matters, this pan is not mopped but has some...
  4. Larbo

A few years ago we had the pan replaced and the bottom half of the shower re-tiled. A hole had apparently opened up unnoticed in the corner of the floor (broken grout) and, along with now there is a constant suphur'y smell coming from it. Besides fixing the grout, should I treat this somehow...
  5. Larbo

Johnson Controls G600AX Gas Control Module

My older 5 ton Payne roof-mtd package unit uses this gas control module. Specifically, version 1. There are two other versions out there (updates?)... G600AX-2 and 3. Are they interchangeable?? I would prefer to not use the Honewell retrofit kit. Thanks, Lar
  6. Larbo

Retrofitting a ceramic disc faucet with the old washer/seat system

I know that this goes against the trend but my house's pipes are a little old and I am not ready to re-pipe yet. Meanwhile the occasional tiny rust piece clogs up the ceramic discs in my centerset Price Pfister bathroom faucet. Are the old style stem valve faucets still availble or can I...
  7. Larbo

Replaced sink supply hoses, now pipes are louder

I changed the angle stops with the 1/4 turn ball valve type but there was no change in "pipe noise" (looks nice, though). And yes, the nuts are ferrules were re-usable.
  8. Larbo

Okeedokee, thanks. I will give it a try. My angles stops are all 1/2" compression. I know that there are pros and cons to this but are the shutoff valves the same in that I can reuse the nuts and ferrules?
  9. Larbo

I have had a Kohler Memoirs faucet in the bathroom sink for a few years. I called Kohler due to a frozen/leaking stem valve and they sent me two new, updated complete valve assemblies. Great company. Anyway, after installing all the new parts I decide to change out the crummy loooking 16"...
  10. Larbo

Silicone Grease and Silicone Oil

Years ago I found the joys of silicone grease for use with threaded and rubber-interfaced connections (never leave home without it... so to speak!). I have a water faucet with a spout that rotates on the kitchen sink for an undercounter-type filter. That rotation has gotten a stiff over time...
  11. Larbo

Case 62-8 (5164) Ballcock problem

Whoa, you are the gambler!! I will try the counterweight first and the bendy method second. :) But it does sound like you've been there before. Thanks, Larry
  12. Larbo

I had put a little silicone grease on the plunger and I wiped all that off. Seems to flush a little more completely now but it does still groan and moan. You mentioned that though the tank ball operates the diverter valve and not the other way around. I see that now. You also say The...
  13. Larbo

Hi hj, thanks for the observations. I do have the tank ball with the rod that has a square "loop" on top. The sequence of events is that the flush handle pushed up a lever attached to the top of the diverter valve assy. This in turn raised the tank ball and operates the diverter valve. The...
  14. Larbo

My 1927 home has a Case 6000 lowboy toilet with a Case 5164/ 62-8 ballcock assy. I have been servicing them (I actually have 2 old toilets) for many years but have become stumped over a probem. Lately, the toilet was having a problem with running slightly after it fills, so I changed the seat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks