Recent content by landsbergfan

1. landsbergfan

Closing basement floor drain permanently?

I certainly don't plan on it. Is it okay to cover those plugs in concrete? I am most concerned about closing off the floor drain without any harm to the rest of my plumbing system. Like I said, I don't see an issue with stuffing the pipe, I just figured I would be able to find a video or...
  2. landsbergfan

Plugging a drain line

What did you decide to do?
  3. landsbergfan

Closing basement floor drain permanently?

Bumping this up...I haven't found a good video or walk through on this process. I have seen a lot of references to "stuffing the floor drain" and had a guy I trust at a local home improvement store tell me to shove a bunch of newspaper down the drain and then cover with cement. I am asking...
  4. landsbergfan

How to remodel basement laundry after moving washer/dryer

I guess where I’m at is I have 3 choices. 1. Is run a new vent all the way to the roof or at least above the 2nd floor bath. This basically isn’t possible without ripping out and remodeling a lot. 2. Is plumb this with AAVs. Not a permanent solution and I’ve read lots of reasons to avoid...
  5. landsbergfan

Appreciate the input. Not sure why it’s set up that way. I kind of agree with you. My picture might not be completely accurate, but I’ve run every fixture in my house and nothing drains into that pipe. It goes to the roof (edit: it goes to back into the main stack above the 2nd floor bathroom)
  6. landsbergfan

I made a quick sketch to help understand so someone might be able to answer. Yellow is vent, green is old drain, blue is the new drain and vent I want to do in the basement. Do I need to go to the roof with this vent (in blue) or can I go into the existing vent? The lines indicate 2nd, 1st...
  7. landsbergfan

Washer 1.5" standpipe

Reducing the pipe would actually increase the velocity, would decrease the overall flow rate though. I don’t like the idea of reducing while on a horizontal, so at the bottom of the standpipe before the trap was where I bought about putting it. I suppose I could do a bucket test
  8. landsbergfan

Washer 1.5" standpipe

Does this method of reducing a 2" standpipe into a 1.5" trap offer less restriction than just a 1.5" standpipe? I thought to do this as well, but wasn't sure if I would actually be hurting myself.
  9. landsbergfan

I verified that the pipe I planned to connect it to is only a vent that starts near where I would tie into it and goes up to the 2nd floor bath I had pictured. It appears to have vent pipes for my first floor bath and kitchen, 2nd floor sink and tub, and then itself ties into the top of the...
  10. landsbergfan

Below is a picture during my remodel of my 2nd floor bath (above the basement plumbing) Wouldn't I be tying into this vent above all of my fixtures or do I literally have to run a vent all the way up to above what is pictured here? Can't say thanks enough! I will likely get a plumber to...
  11. landsbergfan

It seems the main issue is now actually properly venting this system. I have attached a close up of the pipe I thought was a vent. It actually broke off when I was demoing with an obvious smell of sewer gas. I am not allowed to tie into this unless its a full 42" above existing fixtures? I...
  12. landsbergfan

Yeah, I had read up on them a bit and felt they maybe weren't the best option, thinking if I could actually plumb this correctly it would be a more permanent and worry-free solution. However, it looks as though they are allowed by PA code, so I can install them in a way where they are...
  13. landsbergfan

Thanks, Wayne. My mistake. I understood "wall" to be my finished wall, but I believe you are saying it refers to the outer concrete wall. In that case, I would be in the yellow area.
  14. landsbergfan

Yeah, That clears that up. I had planned on a 2x4 wall set about 7 inches off the concrete wall, so there is enough space to run the drain behind the wall. Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks