Recent content by lairdwd

1. lairdwd

Draining sediment from "self cleaning" hot water tanks

You all have seen them by now. They are sold everywhere - the supposid "self cleaning" hot water heater. I just bought the house I'm living in, and I know the previous owner wasn't draining the tank at all. Anybody have any thoughts if this should be done regardless of self cleaning or not?
  2. lairdwd

Vapor Barrier Controversy

I bought the stuff from Lumber Liquidators I had a choice to buy the manufacturers foam for about 2x as much, or the rolls from lumber liquidators for $12/100 ft. I don't really care about the warranty. Saving the $100 was the direction I went, since the foam is basically the same as the...
  3. lairdwd

toto drake with 12" -> 10" rough in adapter?

Chisled an alcove in the base tile and it just barely fit Thanks Terry. The story came to a great end! The rough was about 10 1/2, and eyballing it up, it was very close. I chisled away a very small alcove in the baseboard tile, and it got me to about 10 3/4It just barely fit. Thank goodness...
  4. lairdwd

Install: Is caulking the base really necessary?

Hi folks. My plumber told me they don't caulk, and left it up to my discression to do so. THe toilet is very steady, and there is no wobbling, so I'm really wondering more for down the road if the caulk has any added value to enhancing the longevity of the setup/components. Second...
  5. lairdwd

toto drake with 12" -> 10" rough in adapter?

I just realized that I have a 10" rough in, but ordered a 12" toto drake. Is there any way I can work with this? This is a new townhouse I bought, and just made a bad assumption it was a standard 12" rough in. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks