Recent content by Ladiesman271

1. Ladiesman271

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

The majority of people have no need for a boiler installation, so what are those people supposed to so? I have a forced hot air system, so I use a furnace for heat. That leaves a tank or tankless for domestic hot water. You also forget to mention the installed retrofit retail cost of a...
  2. Ladiesman271

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

It depends on where you live. "The standards apply to every owner-occupied or rented dwelling, dwelling unit, mobile dwelling unit or rooming house unit in Massachusetts which is used for living, sleeping, cooking and eating. Dwelling unit shall also mean a condominium unit. These regulations...
  3. Ladiesman271

Fine tuning tankless water heater on well system

How often do you run all your hot water facets at the same time? That test is fine for the gas pressure test. Maybe you should try new aereators and new shower heads before you go too far. http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/water_heating
  4. Ladiesman271

Fine tuning tankless water heater on well system

Install lower flow shower heads. 3 GPM is kind of steep. I use shower heads that conform to the current national standard. I use about 1 GPM at the normal shower volume setting. I measure the hot water temperature at the end of the longest run after pipe warmup. 120 degrees is my stable...
  5. Ladiesman271

Reduce lag time for tankless

I changed to a tankless for the same reason. I needed the floor space for other uses. However, I prefer to have the unlimited hot water that the tankless provides. How many times a day do you wash your hands at home? I guess you are going to have to either wait a few seconds and let...
  6. Ladiesman271

Greenish sludgy stuff in water heater tank

Any documantation of your theory? The water temperature will rise after the water flow stops! A tankless water heater does not store hot water. Cold and hot water pipes will equalize at room temperature, so they are both the same temperature when not in use. A tank water heater never...
  7. Ladiesman271

Hint on peak water temperature in the heat exchanger. What is the coolant temperature in your truck's engine after you turn off the engine? What is growing in your household cold water pipes? Same water temperature! In addition with each use of hot water in a tankless system, by...
  8. Ladiesman271

No anode rod, so no metal accumulation. There is no concentrated mess of goop stored in a tankless heat exchanger. An 8 year old tank type water heater has 8 years of accumulated gook stored in the tank. Whatever "crap" runs through a tankless water heater is no different than what runs...
  9. Ladiesman271

Tankless standby temperatures are room temperature. Old and stagnant water is 100% flushed out of the heater every time it is used. After the water heating cycle, a tankless will also heat the water in the heater above 140 degrees. Tank water heater and distribution system temperature...
  10. Ladiesman271

You guys should update your thinking. Two people taking a shower at the same time is not a good thing to do. You should also use a lower flow shower head than your use! Instructional video of the volume of hot water that is required by code for two people taking a shower at the same time...
  11. Ladiesman271

Water Heater Pressure Relief Valve Leaked About a 2 Quarts of Water

My temperature / pressure relief valve went bad after about a year of use. The temperature part of the valve went bad. I changed it and all is well. They only cost around $15, so buy a new one and change it out. My normal water pressure is around the 60 PSI area.
  12. Ladiesman271

Tank water heaters end up being full of all sorts of crap and bacteria. That's why you are not supposed to ever use water from a water heater for cooking or for drinking. Tankless water heaters are the way to go. At least they provide unlimited amounts of clean hot water.;)
  13. Ladiesman271

Changing to 1/2 pipes

Do you have a water shortage? If not, why are you spending your time and money on a recirculation system? I doubt if your recirculation system is installed the correct way. If the recirculation system was installed the correct way, hot water would be at the tap in a few seconds after you...
  14. Ladiesman271

Changing to 1/2 pipes

Not if you follow the directions that are supplied with a lot of tankless heaters. Then again, you have to read the directions first before you can follow them!:eek:
  15. Ladiesman271

Tankless Water Heater for Tub

Maybe he should get rid of the water softener instead! From a water softener web site: "SALT IS CORROSIVE Those in The Navy are familiar with the term "Marine Whites." Sailors used to put their white clothes in ocean water to whiten them. Caution had to be used because if the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks