Recent content by Kwei

1. K

Urgent - No Water - Moen Cartridge Stuck

Moen cartridge nut stuck Thanks, Jim for the suggestion. I used some kind of lime remover (Comet) instead of vinegar, because my wife didn't want the bathroom filled with vinegar smell. I will keep my finger crossed. Kwei
  2. K

Urgent - No Water - Moen Cartridge Stuck

I am in the process of replacing the cartridge of a Moen 2-handle faucet in one of our bathrooms because of a leak, but am stuck pretty much from the very beginning. I don't have the name of the model for this 11-year-old faucet, but from browsing Moen's site, this Chrome two-handle bidet...
  3. K

Hole in back of American Standard Toilet

Broken seal? I'm no expert, but sounds like the wax seal is broken and you need to have it redone.
  4. K

Closet Flange too high for a Toto Drake

Toilet booster Jim and mrjetskey, Thanks for your inputs, guys. You made a good point about the importance of water-proofing. I worried about it, too, so I went out and bought a 3/8 inch thick PVC slate and cut out a piece in the shape of the toilet base with a jigsaw. Marble platform...
  5. K

You're a real pro Thank you, Mike, for explaining these options. The hacksaw blade trick is rather interesting because I didn't think those 2 pieces can be separated after being glued together. I live in San Diego, where you don't usually find basement under a house, so access to...
  6. K

Weighing my options Mike, Thanks for responding. The flange is probably made of black plastic ABS (I hit it with a tool and it made a dull sound), with closed slots and open holes, and so oriented that bolts are in the open holes. Its top is almost 3/4 in above the floor (the top isn't...
  7. K

I bought a Toto Drake after reading all the praise at the site. However, when I set the bowl down onto the existing flange, the back end (tank) of the toilet is 2/3 inch off the floor when the front end touches the floor. It didn't improve after much pressing and sitting on it. Here are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks