Recent content by kristof

1. K

1/2" Copper to 1/4" Plastic Tubing

If it was just a standard icemaker hookup all-copper would be fine. Plumbing the whole output side of my filter system with copper tube would be expensive and a pain. The filtered water is going multiple places. Also, copper is inappropriate for Reverse Osmosis water because RO water can be...
  2. K

Have you ever had any leaks with this approach? I'm leaning towards using it on my icemaker.
  3. K

Filter Housing Help

Ah...good to know. Thanks.
  4. K

It's definitely the supply line. The refrigerator is old. It made fine ice before the supply line was changed. I was very disappointed upon install. We ran the icemaker constantly for two weeks before the cubes were usable. We dumped out ice by the bushel. Even now I can still detect the...
  5. K

Haven't found 1/2" sweat to 1/4" compression angle stops locally yet. Everything seems to be push-on or compression on the input side. It seems like "they" don't want DIY's sweating angle stops anymore. I have found 1/2" compression to 1/4" compression but I have zero experience with 1/2"...
  6. K

Correct. This is not a Reverse Osmosis unit. This is only a filter. There is no RO membrane. No drain line is needed. Option #4 seems like a good one but I haven't found a 1/4" output angle stop locally. I like options #2 and #3 best but I'm not having much luck finding sweat to...
  7. K

Filter Housing Help

I'm going to be installing a point of use water filter system and I need to choose filter housings. I'll be using three 10" slimlines. I've read that the pro water filtration guys have been seeing cracked housings lately. That has me worried. I have a bunch of random questions relating to...
  8. K

Great suggestion! That's a clever way to skirt the "no plastic to fridge" problem. It gives me another option for my other compression-to-plastic transitions too.
  9. K

I'm planning to install a "point of use" water filter system. It's the kind that's normally mounted under the kitchen sink. The filter unit accepts 1/4" LLDPE plastic tubing. It's similar to the stuff that's often used to supply refrigerator icemakers, but slightly superior. (If anyone can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks