Recent content by Kramsee

1. Kramsee

Off Sized Half inch copper pipe????

So far, leak free but keeping an eye on it. I'm really just considering it as ( hopefully ) a long lasting temporary job. I could easily cut out some drywall and redo new from inside the wall but that requires dismantling and removing the 60 inch vanity and sink for access. Being that it's the...
  2. Kramsee

Yeah, I'm figuring the guy that did this previous plumbing had free access to these off sized shut off valves and also had access to the refrigeration pipes. Peeking into the wall, it looks like he sweated a short length of the refrigeration pipe right onto standard half inch pipe, than sweated...
  3. Kramsee

O.D. is 3/4 inch ..... I.D. is 5/8 .... Using a 2 1/2 inch length of standard 1/2 inch copper pipe, I sweated a 1/2 inch threaded coupler to one end ( to install the new valve ) then slid the other end of the 1/2 inch pipe into the odd sized supply pipe, than sweated that in. It fit in...
  4. Kramsee

Replacing a bathroom sink shut off valve, I sweated off the old, leaky ( what I believed to be a 1/2 inch ) valve and wanted to sweat on an adopter for a threaded valve. Believing the supply pipe to be 1/2 inch, I bought the appropriate fitting and valve. Long story short, the fitting is exactly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks