Recent content by KPS water

1. KPS water

Looking for recommendations

Based on that water report we would recommend installing a 2.5 ft.³ automatic acid neutral followed by a demand water softener. With this system you will raise your pH to a neutral level and achieve both iron and hardness removal with the water softener. Just keep in mind it looks like you’re...
  2. KPS water

Drought caused issues ... debris and air throughout all faucets

sounds like a suction leak? Do you have nylon or pvc fittings on the suction side of the pump? When a jet pump runs dry it gets hot quick! I hade a few jet pumps this fall with melted warped fittings causing a suction leak. Pump leaking? Air in the system can be violent to a plumbing system...
  3. KPS water

2 vs 3 wire well pump

Unfortunately testing it from the plug does not tell you exactly where you are losing pressure. You need to pop the well seal, disconnect the Tee from the offset pipe then run your test . As far as how to remove the wheel seal, attempt to loosen all four bolts. Make sure there are no...
  4. KPS water

2 vs 3 wire well pump

Don't pull it until you test it at the wellhead like Craigpump said. Pop it from the well seal or pitless. Put a gauge on it with a valve and fire up the pump slowly close the valve if the pressure gauge starts the rise 66-80-100 then you know the pump is capable of making pressure. Make sure...
  5. KPS water

2 vs 3 wire well pump

Was it making pressure before the tank replacement? Was there a galvanized or Clayton mark tank in there?
  6. KPS water

Gravel question

No concern with the distributor. More than likely it shifted a little bit during shipping but it's really not a concern. Just lubricate it was some silicone and reset the control valve you'll be fine. In my opinion there's no need to put a gravel bed around the distributor basket in a water...
  7. KPS water

It took 40 years for this old goulds to expire.

Hey Roger. Last summer I pulled a 1/3 hp Reda dated 1966 84' on 1.25 galvy in Greenwich. It was still running! Pipe was like a sprinkler system and couldn't make pressure. Pretty sure I could of set it on new pipe and wire and it would of made pressure. Pretty amazing.
  8. KPS water

It took 40 years for this old goulds to expire.

It took 40 years but this old 7ES05-412 was replaced this morning. These mid late 70s Goulds pumps were built to last. Original control box too. Wonder if they will get 40 out of the new Grundfos.............
  9. KPS water

Kenmore 3500 won't make softwater

The best thing that you can do with that brand softener .......... replace it! If you got 7 to 11 years out of it I think you should be more than happy and move on. Make sure that you pull a raw water sample and have it tested before you replace anything.
  10. KPS water

Extending length of water softener drain

Hello Theodore. As far as where to drain it I would definitely recommend checking with your local county health dept before you do anything. Every state has different codes and NY it can change county to county. Fwiw a dry well would be the preferred option assuming it can handle the load? A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks