Recent content by Kplescia

1. Kplescia

New Floodlight has voltage but no power

I resolved the issue. I should have focused what happened right before the problem occurred and that was with the second floodlight with the two sets of wires that is in the middle of the series. All the wires were placed just as they were in the last fixture. I reopened the white wires and...
  2. Kplescia

I am pretty sure the issue is that there is a switch loop with the one floodlight that has two sets of wires and it must be in the middle of the circuit. I could have sworn I copied it the way the old fixture was setup. Should it definitely not have two wires going into each terminal? Should...
  3. Kplescia

This is a Feit smart video floodlight https://www.feit.com/product/led-dual-head-motion-sensor-security-light-with-camera/ I just tested with a multimeter and I get close to 120V between ground and hot, .2V between ground and neutral, and it goes down to 1V between neutral and hot. Does this...
  4. Kplescia

I replaced two floodlight cameras with smart floodlight cameras. After replacing the second one on day 2, the first one stopped working that was replaced on day 1 (worked right before I turned power off). I swapped with a new one and even with the old floodlight and still not working. The...
  5. Kplescia

Wolverine Brass, Identifying unnamed shower trim / cartridge

Thank you! Wolverine Brass is confirming it is theirs.
  6. Kplescia

Wolverine Brass, Identifying unnamed shower trim / cartridge

Hi, I am trying to update this shower trim without having to change the valve on the pipe. There is no name anywhere. Part of the cartridge is marked k on one side and 13 on the other. I am attaching pictures.
  7. Kplescia

Toilet flange help

I had a plumber look at it and he recommends not using the pvc flange with the lead pipe, but to remove the old flange and put in a new outside repair flange that goes flush over the tile since the hold is a bit too large. The pipe was bent inward to remove the old flange and will need to be...
  8. Kplescia

Toilet flange help

Is my pipe all lead and not cast iron? The crack on the flange is on the other side from where the closet bolt goes so it may not be affecting it. The pipe itself has one minor crack and opening on the upper portion of the pipe that has bent a bit. I am not sure if this causes any leaks. Is it...
  9. Kplescia

Toilet flange help

Thanks for input. There doesn't appear to be much wax left to scrape off. I guess I am not sure the condition of the pipe with its appearance at the top. It curves over and can bend. It also is a above floor level which I am not sure is normal. Should I not bother with the PVC flange to go...
  10. Kplescia

Toilet flange help

I am a new homeowner with very little knowledge of plumbing. We decided to replace the old toilet upstairs for a new and more efficient one. The old one would also leak occasionally when flushed, near where the bowl meets the tank. Once we removed the old toilet we saw the flange was old and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks