Recent content by KP Texan

1. KP Texan

ACCOR FlowTite Valve Replacement

Yeah I guess that would be the best of both worlds! I agree that PEX coming straight out of the wall doesn't look the best, and it's rigidity leaves something to be desired. I actually miss working with copper (my last 2 homes were copper). Seems like much more of craft than working with PEX.
  2. KP Texan

I mentioned the pipe cutter trick but, like I said, my mini cutter wouldn't fit that large of a diameter and my full sized Ridgid cutter is too large to rotate in the space needed. If you have a pipe cutter that fits within the constraints, that would definitely be a good choice. I'm not too...
  3. KP Texan

Just wanted to share my experience doing this in case it helps someone in the future. These valves are obviously junk used to save time/money, and I'm a bit confused as to why the builder of my home would allow these. This isn't a cheap home and has many other high end design elements, so...
  4. KP Texan

Angle Supply Stop Orientation?

Thanks, Terry! I'll default to pointing up unless there's some other reason it won't work.
  5. KP Texan

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I suppose any orientation is fine as long as it allows for a nice bend in the line with no kinks. I bought some stainless braided lines for all these, so I'll just sort of lay out the line before placing the valve to make sure it allows for a smooth...
  6. KP Texan

This is probably one of the most ridiculous questions ever posted here, but just want to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm about to replace all the angle supply stops in my house, and I've noticed the current ones are oriented in various directions, although I can't really determine why...
  7. KP Texan

Ice Maker Connection to 1" PEX

Thanks for all the help! I figured buying the tool was worth it anyway if I'm going to be changing out a bunch of supply stops.
  8. KP Texan

Ugh, that's no good. Hopefully that doesn't rear it's ugly head here. The house was built in 2015, so I'm wondering if it was a specific timeframe. I'll do some research.
  9. KP Texan

Thanks for the help everyone! I installed the Tee on the outlet side of my water softener to supply water to my garage fridge and it seems to be working like a champ, and no leaks. Now to see if my icemaker functions after being off for 6-months...
  10. KP Texan

Thanks for all the good info! The only reason I think it might be type A PEX is that I can see the connections at the water heaters. Do you think this is type A from the photo? Also, I've just received a bunch of BrassCraft supply stops. I'll be busy over the next few days/weeks swapping...
  11. KP Texan

Thanks! OK, I'll inspect the end well and square it off if needed.
  12. KP Texan

Thanks for the input! Will the clamp method still work OK for this? If not, I'll need to return the tool. Looks like the expansion tools are quite a bit more expensive! I know the PEX A expansion method is better with regards to flow rates, but was hoping it would be negligible since it's one...
  13. KP Texan

Oh, just thought of one more question. As you can see, those stainless corrugated lines running to the water softener use a push fit connection (basically shark bite) on the 1" PEX line. Do I need to trim back that 1" PEX where there push fit connector was so I can use my clamp connection...
  14. KP Texan

Side sprayer replacement

Phister Marielle model maybe? Google lens works great for things like this: https://www.pfisterfaucets.com/kitchen/product/marielle-lg26-4n-1-handle-kitchen-faucet?bvstate=pg:11%2Fct:r Looks like sprayer might be p/n is 951-026S...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks