Recent content by kool_bean

1. kool_bean

Paying the plumber question

Interesting points from all, thank you!! The reason I elected to not have the valve replaced at that time was because 1) he estimated $500 to replace the valve in addition to the $200, and I was not ready to spend $700 until I fully understood the problem and all my options. I was not...
  2. kool_bean

Thanks for the inputs and comments. Like I said, I just wanted to get the general feeling for such situations but I do need to clarify 1 thing. I had tried to remove the cartridge myself but did not succeed. I have had difficulty with Moen cartridges before and so I suspected it could be...
  3. kool_bean

Had a plumbing company replace a Moen posi-temp cartridge in my shower. Plumber came and was able to remove existing cartridge. Stem broke off but he was able to remove the remaining plastic housing in bits and pieces. It wasn't easy and it took some effort but final result was the cartridge...
  4. kool_bean

Moen positemp problem - clogged??

Water flow in my shower was slowing down and it was also beginning to drip. Figured it was time to replace the Moen posi-temp cartridge. From past experience, I knew that these were difficult to remove and so I had a plumber come out. He used the Moen puller and broke the inner metal part of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks