Recent content by Konowl

1. Konowl

Water Heater only Luke Warm

yah I saw that thanks. I think it's the element. I guess the element AND the thermostat got fried.
  2. Konowl

Good lord, lost my entire post. Did a bunch of testing. When I turned everything off, I'm showing an OHM reading from a terminal to the metal casing of the element on the top element only. I think this is why I'm getting the 120v across the element when the thermostat is off. new element time?
  3. Konowl

Yup have a manual
  4. Konowl

It's a Ruud, sorry. I attached pictures. 8 terminal is old one, 7 terminal is new one.
  5. Konowl

I'm really paranoid that I wired something wrong now. The model is a Rudd ET-40.
  6. Konowl

It's not getting too hot, that's the odd thing. Staying right around 130.
  7. Konowl

Across the element terminals on the top element, that's correct.
  8. Konowl

When I tested the element the ohm reader read open. I just replaced the thermometer and so far so good. Temperature is where it should be. Is it normal for the element on top to be on constantly? It's a 240 v element when I change the temp and force the element on it reads 240 v when...
  9. Konowl

I never thought to turn it off when I replaced the pump. :(. It was on the entire time.
  10. Konowl

Should I just go ahead and replace it? The unit actually looks quite old.
  11. Konowl

Ok, turns out that big magical reset button I THOUGHT I pushed... I didn't. Pushed it, water came back on. Fast forward 4 hours, I measure hte temperature... 165 degrees Faranheit. Almost peeled the flesh right off my hands (but fantastic to clean dishes with). Thermostat is set to 130. Is...
  12. Konowl

My water heater is only putting out luke-warm water. I put an OHM reader to the upper element and lower element at 1k OHM and both needles moved to infinity so I'm assuming both elements are ok. I just turned the heater on and the upper element is currently on but the lower element is not. I...
  13. Konowl

Shallow Well Pump

Pump is not in the well no. http://www.burcam.com/en/products?view=details&mainsection_id=100&section_id=20&cat_id=230&sku=503321 Will have to be something along those lines.
  14. Konowl

Shallow Well Pump

Did a bit of quick reading - sounds very interesting. The CSV is expensive but I'm intriqued. However, I'll still need a pump of some sorts, correct? Need to get that water out of my well somehow.
  15. Konowl

Shallow Well Pump

Anyone familiar with bur-cam? comparable price wise, Canadian company. Stainless steel.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks