Recent content by kjinpb

1. kjinpb

Winterize washing machine

My issue is my washer is in storage in San Diego already and I have no way to connect it to power. I'll be picking it up from storage, putting it in the moving truck, driving to Montana, dropping it off in storage till I close on my house. Can I just pour some into the tub and some into the...
  2. kjinpb

Winterize washing machine

I'm moving from San Diego to Montana and I'll have to store my washer in storage in MT for a month. I want to winterize it so nothing happens. Do I just pour some RV antifreeze down the drain hose? If so, how much? Also, when it comes time to hook it up, is it ok to just run the machine and...
  3. kjinpb

shower valve hard to close

thank you Well, I bought the internal pipe wrench. It was a little tougher to get the sticky cartridge out of 1 bathroom but it did come out. I did the other bathroom also and it worked a lot easier. I bought the original Moen cartridges and lubed them up good and installed them. They both...
  4. kjinpb

is this the internal pipe wrench your talking about? Are they available at HD/Lowes or is it a plumbing supply store item? Thanks for all your help. I like learning new stuff like this while also saving money.
  5. kjinpb

pictures Okay, I took it apart again and took some pictures. Now that I looked closer, it does look like I just pulled the inner shaft part out. Here's the shaft I pulled out and the rest of the valve. Can anyone tell me what brand it is and how to get the rest of the cartridge out? Is it...
  6. kjinpb

If what I pulled out is the cartridge, it's not what has to be replaced because it works fine in the other bathroom. If what i pulled out is just an inner shaft, then the cartridge probably will have to be replaced. I'll take a picture of the part I pulled out and post a picture and see if you...
  7. kjinpb

I guess I spoke too soon. It does feel smoother but I still have a problem. It's easy to push/pull when the water is first turned on but after taking a shower for a few minutes, it's still hard to push back in to turn the water off. It feels like I'm trying to push against water or air...
  8. kjinpb

Nevermind, I figured it out. I took some grease I have for my boat that doesn't break down in water. I smeared a little on the shaft of the cartridge and now it works like brand new even though it's abour 25 yrs old. I even did my other cartridge and that one works like new also.
  9. kjinpb

I have a single knob push/pull type shower valve. My question is, when I pull out the knob to fill the tub, the valve closes like normal but when I pull the diverter to allow the shower to run, the valve pulls out fine but is really hard to push back in. I have two of the same valves...
  10. kjinpb

shower valve

$20 isn't bad. Do all valves have a replaceable cartridge and if not, what do I look for to verify if it is replaceable. Also, are any special tools needed to replace one?
  11. kjinpb

shower valve

I have a question about my shower valve. The valve in my shower is sticking. It's the type that you pull the knob to start the water flow. Pulling the knob is a little tough to do but pushing the knob back in to stop the flow is really hard. I have to twist and push hard to get it back in...
  12. kjinpb

flange spanner

I installed tile in my bathroom and now I'm ready to install the toilet. Upon cleaning and inspection, I noticed the plastic flange was cracked on 1 side and the other side is pulled up like someone overtightened it. The tile is installed already and it's flush with height of the flange. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks