Recent content by kiselev

1. kiselev

Twin tank: kinetico, culligan

Thank you for your reply. 1) I do not understand this particular aspect with softener intakes. If a softener has 1" or 1.25" intake, does it mean I can benefit from it only if I have 1" or 1.25" pimping or if I have 3/4" pipes I will also gain advantage and it will allow me to reduce pressure...
  2. kiselev

I am in a new construction area and notice some sand in water from time to time. Culligan guys mentioned that it is very hard to wash out sediments from softener tank. I was thinking to install dual parallel filters just to minimize pressure loss. thank you
  3. kiselev

Thank you all for your replies. I will also appreciate your insights on piping to address my concern with pressure drop. I have 5/8 copper pipe which goes into the meter; smaller copper pipe out of the meter into 3/4 plastic, and 3/4 plastic into a softener. I have several questions: 1) if...
  4. kiselev

but do I understand correctly that it is the same with a single tank as well and not related to twin systems? or waiting without water for a tank for 2 weeks can be harmful? Thank you
  5. kiselev

Please advise whether twin 10" will be too large for 2 people. I obviously like to with higher diameter to reduce pressure loss but try to avoid channeling as well. Is twin 10" for 2 people will be okay or risky for channeling? I think we use one tank in one week or so. Is it okay for another...
  6. kiselev

thank you all for your insights. I was thinking to go with 9" tank. How bad is that in comparison to 10" in terms of pressure drop. Could you please provide more numbers to compare 9" and 10" here? Culligan reports: Rated Service Flow @ Pressure Drop 9": 9.0 gpm @ 11 psi 10": 9.4 gpm @ 12 psi...
  7. kiselev

Being honest, I am not a professional to describe all plumbing, but I have 1/2" lines to fixtures. I cannot describe the pump now. Efficiency it term of water and salt used for a softener is not really important for me. E.g. I could switch a tank earlier than needed. Thus now I manually...
  8. kiselev

thank your for your reply. water is hard 40. I would not call this as defeating the reason since There still be continuous flow of salt water because tank swap happens immediately. A fresh tank will last for two day at least and I am asking only several hours till night time for regeneration...
  9. kiselev

Hi Gents, I would greatly appreciate yo advice here. I am looking to purchase a twin tank system to get a continuous flow of soft water. One thing I am really interested in is to set up a twin system in a way that regeneration happens at night rather then immediately, but tank swap to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks