Recent content by Kim

1. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

Done! Attorney's on it. I hope its not like pulling teeth to get to that "responsible" party. Although, you did say insurance company!!
  2. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

It is more than one wrong sloped pipe. It is the entire house. Read back through it will make more sense. The plumbing is under the slab and the entire thing is like a rollercoaster (as the plumber described it). It is a 3200 sq ft house with three bathrooms ( all affected by the improper...
  3. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

Mikey, So, you're telling me that they pretty much won the case - but, because they asked for the wrong damages or reward, the case was dismissed? That would be devastating. I live in Texas. I think my attorney is pretty good - he seems to know his stuff. Young but very aggressive...
  4. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

David - There was a lot of water sitting in the pipe. The washer and kitchen are on the extreme left side of the house. The three bathrooms are on the extreme right side of the house. The slope should send waste from the kitchen side through house and out through the master bath at the...
  5. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

Mikey- What happened to the people in the trial? Did they have to buy the house back from them? It seems to me that if they don't disclose it, they should be responsible. But, if they have no money can it go back to the builder?
  6. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

Hello - I'm back!!:) Just thought I would update you on the house from hell! The newest findings are as follows: 1. I finally had my plumber bring his friend to my house and this guy had a nose even better than mine. ( I didn't think that was possible) Thank God he could smell the...
  7. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

I am not sure where to go from here. With all of these tests, it seems that the only way to find this problem is to start tearing up the floor and shower. It is aggressive, but I am desperate to get this resolved. My thinking is this - It is obvious that this was a problem that the...
  8. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

message for toolaholic Attorneys can be a good tool. I have spoken with one who seems pretty aggressive. He feels that we need to have a plan to repair the shower before we send the builder/previous owner a letter. Unfortunately, there were other problems with the house (a hole in the AC...
  9. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

I understand that I have confused you guys! The rubber cover that I put over the drain helps to stop the gas after it has already started coning up. After every remedy we have tried, I will take a shower and sadly, I get the smell. So, probably for psychological reasons, I put the rubbe...
  10. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

I do not know what "down" to the stack means - or 1st, 2nd etcetera. I can only see a drain and a p-trap full of water (if I take off the metal thing and shine a flashlight down there). The entire shower stall is tiled from floor to ceiling. I can't see anything that has to do with pipes...
  11. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

I know for sure that the smell is coming solely from the shower drain. The tub, shower, sinks, and toilet make a big diamond. (see diagram) The plumber is coming back to check the auto vent. He said there are such things as defects. He did previously run a camera down the vents and there...
  12. Kim

Qest PEX plumbing

The PEX is not the problem - obviously, by some of the responses. If it is trusted and effective to do it's job. The problem I have with it not being disclosed is this - Why was the plumbing (that was once in the slab) REROUTED, as I stated in the original post. Was there a slab leak...
  13. Kim

Sewer Gas in Shower

The drawing you added looks like the shower. I'm sure that where you drew the drain that there is a p trap that is under the drain that heads back towards the wall where the vent pipe is also located. The entire inside of the shower is tile, and I do not have a full view of the trap or the...
  14. Kim

Qest PEX plumbing

It's called PEX or Qestpex Plumbing by Zurn Company. We don't have water to our basement. I am worried about the tubing, although I have been told that it expands to accommodate the water flow. Isn't that something that should have been in the seller's disclosure? I would think that it...
  15. Kim

Qest PEX plumbing

I just bought a house and did not find out until I moved in that the entire house has been re-routed using this Qest tubing . It supplies the whole house with hot and cold water - it goes through the attic to all of the bathrooms and kitchen. Is this good/bad? Thanks for letting me know...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks