Recent content by Killer95Stang

1. Killer95Stang

Toto neorest 500 seat assembly?

I have a 10 year old Neorest 500 toilet and we are very happy with it. The seat has started to form a Crack and I would like to replace the seat assembly if still available. Also, my wife says it isn't heating the seat like before, but I assume it is part of the seat assembly. We did have...
  2. Killer95Stang

Clearance between direct vent intake and DWV vent?

My condensing tankless uses one of these going up through my roof. Exhaust flows straight out through the center and intake air is taken in from around the mushroom lip. With warmer air being pushed out of the exhaust tube under pressure, I don't think you would have an issue with this kind of...
  3. Killer95Stang

2 piece toilet recommendation

Just installed a Drake II round bowl model in cotton white with a Toto S300E washlet seat as part of a small hall bath remodel. I already own a Toto Neorest 550 toilet for our master bath, so I already liked the Toto brand of toilets. I can attest that Terry recommends the best toilet around...
  4. Killer95Stang

Whistling Gas Meter

The gas company installed a huge meter when we had our swimming pool built a couple years ago. The pool heater that was installed is 400K BTU. We also have a tankless 200K water heater , stove and central heat. When we crank the pool heater on to warm the spa, the meter whistles pretty loud...
  5. Killer95Stang

Looking for irrigation contoller with WiFi

I just installed the Rachio Iro, which does everything you described. The unit has smart programming that uses weather stations to adjust watering based on weather conditions, to save water. I've also been using it to fine tune and service all of my sprinkler heads/ nozzles. Not to...
  6. Killer95Stang

Descaling needed with softened water?

Seems like Mark The Plumber really hates Tankless water heaters. Has the carb vs. fuel injection battle in full swing.
  7. Killer95Stang

This is a good example of the setup I use to flush my tankless with vinegar. I also use this Rheem technical service bulletin as my guide to service my Rheem unit. http://hometips.me/Tls/Rheem-De-lime-tankless.pdf This is pretty much as simple as plumbing (if you can call it that) gets. If...
  8. Killer95Stang

Did you install service stops? Even though I have a water softener that feeds my Rheem tankless, I still make it a habit of descaling about about every 6-9 months. I use two washing machine hoses, a small pump from harbor freight, some vinegar and a 5 gallon bucket. Let it run for 45...
  9. Killer95Stang

How to properly remove water from exhaust vent

You can see in this installation photo from Rheem's manual that the uncapped exhaust runs straight down the center, then sloped back into the unit. Only the intake requires the additional condensate drain coupling.
  10. Killer95Stang

How to properly remove water from exhaust vent

If it is the exhaust side pipe and not the air intake side, then just pitch it back toward the unit. The condensation in the exhaust line will drain through the internal condensation neutralization kit and out the condensate drain at the bottom. From there, connect a downward sloping house to...
  11. Killer95Stang

Connecting softener to copper

Since my Fleck 5600 SXT plumbing is mounted outside of wall with full access, I have no problems using Sharkbite type fittings. I installed the proper sharkbites into the yoke using my bench vise. I then slide yoke onto the pipes at the proper height to mate up with the softener. Then I just...
  12. Killer95Stang

DIY annual vinegar flush--how much pump?

Like said by DonL, no way that pump will flow 1350com in the above configuration. In all actuality, the flushing process is very uneventful. I just let it run for 45-60 minutes while i do some other chore in the backyard. When finished, I flush with system with clean water using the same pump...
  13. Killer95Stang

DIY annual vinegar flush--how much pump?

I use a small 1/6 HP submersible pump from Harbor Freight. Add a 5 gallon bucket with about 3-1/2 gallons of Vinegar and two washing machine hoses (if you have tankless service taps) for circulation. I've performed the service on my Rheem condensing tankless twice since I self installed the...
  14. Killer95Stang

Cheapest way to get reliable water test for hardness and iron?

Same here... I bought the Hach 5B.. which worked flawlessly, with repeatable results. Six months later, I just finished having a pool built and now I use the Hach 5b to test the pool water hardness (pool fill water doesn't pass through softener).
  15. Killer95Stang

Hansgrohe ThermoBalance II

Not a pro. plumber... Clamping the rigid piping (if using copper) or clamping around the valve body itself is the best way. Just make sure you use similar metals for the clamps... ie.. don't use galvanized plumbers strap on copper piping. Not sure how long you have been holding on to that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks