Recent content by Killacam311

1. Killacam311

What size hole in subfloor for offset flange?

Thanks all for the great advice. I am going to make a mock up in the garage and do some experiments. I appreciate the advice
  2. Killacam311

What size hole in subfloor for offset flange?

This is probably a very easy question but I just put down new subfloor and I don't want to screw anything up at this point. I had to replace a rotten beam and new subfloor. I know an offset flange fits my current toilet so long as it is drilled as close to the beam as possible, because that is...
  3. Killacam311

Waterfall shower head on sloped ceiling?

Thanks Jeff - so this is more of the standard way of installing? I couldn't wrap my head around the rough-in at the left, but what you say makes sense on the right? I suppose I can add some blocking in the ceiling for support and just get a swivel and call it good?
  4. Killacam311

Waterfall shower head on sloped ceiling?

I'm wondering what the best way to finish a waterfall shower arm which will be installed on a sloped ceiling. I needed to slope the ceiling because it is a steam shower, but now I can't find a flange/escutcheon online that seems to articulate or have some ability to be on a sloped ceiling with a...
  5. Killacam311

Shower Controls in Exterior Wall

I am remodeling my steam shower. My wife has her heart set on having two shower heads in this remodel. Problem is, I have only 1 wall in the shower that is an interior wall. I am looking for advice on best methods for putting PEX in an exterior wall. I am located in NJ - we get freezing weather...
  6. Killacam311

Plumbing Vent Pipe Relocation

I am remodeling my shower, which leaked over the course of 20 years and left me with rotten floors and joists (fun!). Anyway, the missus asked me if we could change the existing niche to be an "infinity niche" (wall to wall niche). I noticed that the niche wall, which is along exterior wall, was...
  7. Killacam311

Is my new hot water heater defective or am I?

This leak is slow seepage when the water is turned on. I think it must be a defective heater. This sucks.
  8. Killacam311

I didn't install these nipples they come from the factory installed
  9. Killacam311

Just bought and installed a Rheem 50 gallon electric water heater. Install went ok, everything is working, but im getting a slow seep of water out of this white cap on the top of the brand new unit... Any ideas what the issue could be? Is this new unit defective? What is the white cap? Driving...
  10. Killacam311

Wiring bathroom fan switch

Okay, first off I should have taken a picture of the old fan setup, but I'm an idiot and I didn't . I'm trying to wire a new bathroom fan. The bathroom has two switches, one goes to the vanity light and bathroom fan light. The other runs the bathroom fan. The bathroom fan will NOT work unless...
  11. Killacam311

Toilet Flange Screwup

I would love it if this is the case. Thanks for the confidence. I'll try to put the toilet back tonight. Can you answer a few more questions though? 1. What does "no horn" mean? 2. If the toilet wobbles, or the weight is on the flange, do you think I could drop the flange down until it is flush...
  12. Killacam311

Toilet Flange Screwup

Thanks for the quick reply. Existing flange is very solid... no movement whatsoever. Are you suggesting that I can redo the lead and oakum joint with flange flush to tile, bolt bowl with closet bolts, and caulk toilet base to tile to insure toilet doesn't move? If the existing flange is sturdy...
  13. Killacam311

Toilet Flange Screwup

Okay, so decided to tackle a home bathroom remodel. Bathroom has ugly pink 1 inch tile and I tear it out. Find out the subfloor is rotted so I replace that. Problem is, I cut the new subfloor around the flange, not thinking that the flange might have to be bolted to something. I redo the tile...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks