Recent content by Kiki

1. Kiki

Tub spout diverter screw into copper

I cleaned up the Sioux diverter with vinegar and it's working well, only drips as opposed to stream when showering. We're selling place next month and I think it'll be ok, but will use Delta pull down if the place we're moving to needs one. Like the sleek look of it. We've tried water softener...
  2. Kiki

My husband and I are not that handy, so when we had the first success with Sioux's we just stuck with the smart spout on other houses after. If I can't get the hard water deposits out of the this smart spout we'll go with the regular tub spout diverter.
  3. Kiki

Tongue in cheek, I meant the standard diverters. Everything now is "smart". To Sioux's credit I think they came up with the branding of smart spout before smart phones, smart tv's, smart fridges became so ubiquitous. My smart phone has made me dumber;)
  4. Kiki

Thanks everyone for your replies. I can buy a Smart Spout at Ferguson's Hawaii for $40 plus tax. A little more than I want to spend. But now that I know the screw under a non-smart spout isn't screwing directly into the copper I'll go ahead and do that.
  5. Kiki

We had an old house built in 50's that had something odd about the tub's copper pipe. So when we replaced the diverter the only thing that worked was a Sioux Chief smart spout tub diverter, didn't want to have plumber come out to cut and weld. Since then I've used it on two other houses, even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks