Recent content by Ki23

1. Ki23

Boiler Pump

That is the correct model number. I’m not familiar with operational info C. What are you referring to?
  2. Ki23

Boiler Pump

Hello all, I had a Lockinvar Knight 085 installed last year and it's been working great. It appears as though my primary pump keeps starting/turning off for no reason. Even when the Tstats are not calling for heat, it makes a banging sound and the pump gets really hot. I have even shut the...
  3. Ki23

Lochinvar Knight 085 boiler temperature settings

The pump main pump is a grundfos that came with the boiler. It’s variable speed so I think the speed changes as needed? I have been running 122-126 degree water for a few days now and the house is keeping up. The return temps have been under 125 so I’m happy. I’ve also attached a comparison...
  4. Ki23

Ok I will change my SH1 setpt @ low outdoor temp to 125F @ +10F . Tonight will be a decent test as it's going to be around 20F. I am not entirely sure if it's plumbed primary/secondary. I'm doing my best to learn as I go and I have already learned a ton from this site, so thank you. I posted...
  5. Ki23

actually found a note on my phone with the settings, sorry about that. my settings are: Space heat 1 setpoint - 132F SH1 low outdoor temp - 10F SH1 setpt @ low outdoor temp - 135F SH1 high outdoor temp - 65F SH1 setpt @ high outdoor temp - 120 DHW tank setpt - 140F DHW boiler setpt - 175F By...
  6. Ki23

My only issue is that I don't seem to have reliable heat when I have my temperatures set that low (anything under 125 is shaky at best). My fin baseboards are from the late 70s and probably aren't that efficient. I will post my setting when I get back home to make sure I'm speaking...
  7. Ki23

Good morning, This is the first time it's been below freezing since installing my Lochinvar Knight 085 boiler. Last night it was about 30 degrees outside here in Rhode Island my boiler was heating the house with 132 degree water. Whenever my thermostat dropped below 67 (where i keep it 24/7)...
  8. Ki23

Backup for indirect water heater

Nare, Is there a way to get another company out to look at the installation? It's difficult to tell from your post but it may be an installation problem?
  9. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

The projects never stop! :) The garage is a 2.5 car space under my main living area. There is insulation in the walls and ceiling and a concrete slab for a floor. I have two garage doors that I will be replacing within the next year or so. I'm hoping I just add a loop without changing too...
  10. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

Dana, just updating on this post. My boiler has been working great all spring, summer, and so far this fall. I've been heating the house for the past few weeks (we have a three month old) with water around 130. It is working great, never ran out of hot water with our 50gal indirect. The...
  11. Ki23

Recommendation on sizing (replacing original boiler)

Hello! I also have a tri-level and have installed a new boiler within the last year. I had a 160k btu cast iron and I replaced it with a Lochinvar 80k btu modcon. I have about the same sq ft as you and it keeps up very well. I actually haven't had to use water any hotter than 135F through my...
  12. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

So they hooked up my outdoor reset on the new boiler and it's creating the set point super low. I attached an image to show you guys. There is no way my baseboards are giving off heat at 83F. It's been running at 10% for a while now (an hour) and the room doesn't seem to be getting any...
  13. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

I ended up getting the Wall hung 085 Knight. (glad we didn't go bigger!) I know we could have went smaller but there's always the possibility of adding an addition etc on this house. We were getting lockout because of a simple problem with the primary grundfos pump. That problem has been...
  14. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

Dana, When you run it at 120-125 out...will this be hot enough to heat the fins on the baseboard? I have the unit installed and I’m having issues with it going into lockout. The “outlet” is getting too hot and it shuts off. It’s set at 176 until they can install the outdoor reset
  15. Ki23

Tri-level replacement

It is a 3 bathroom house. I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly. My house is a 2600 sq ft tri level. The first and third floors are 900 sq ft each (hence the 1900 sq ft) and the second floor is 700 sq ft but that's covered by the furnace mentioned earlier. My garage isn't factored...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks