Recent content by kfran1234

1. K

Different pump.

Thanks Bob. By the way, I'm in NH too. Danville. Anyway, the well is about 2' in diameter. If I use a submersible, how do I stabilize it? Can it just hang down there?
  2. K

Different pump.

I don't have a pump yet though. I tried the Flotec 1 1/2 hp sprinkler pump, but the pump was trying to pull water through the 1" line with a 1 1/2" inlet on the pump. I could only get 20 psi and the pump started getting noisy presumably because it couldn't get enough water into it. I'm...
  3. K

Different pump.

Also, sprinkler system is not yet in place, so designing it around my pump situation wouldn't be a problem as long as I can get a pump that will give me decent performance.. I thought about placing the pump at the well, but I've got a driveway in the way.
  4. K

Different pump.

Let me add this info. When I take the cap off the suction pipe in the basement, I get water flowing out, so the suction pipe in the basement must be lower than where it enters the well right? Does this improve my situation much? Thanks again for the advice.
  5. K

Different pump.

I know I didn't supply a lot of info. Main thing for me is finding the best solution around the fact that the suction line is only 1".
  6. K

Different pump.

Thanks Bob. That's where I saw it. Only one I've seen with the 1" inlet. I have a flotec 1 1/2 HP sprinkler pump at the moment and am only getting like 20 psi.
  7. K

Different pump.

Have a shallow well with 1" suction line. Too small for my pump which has a 1 1/2" inlet. I found a Dayton D2803 cast iron 1 HP pump with 1" inlet and outlet. Couldn't find a spec for gpm on it, but wondering if that might do the trick for a sprinkler system. Thanks.
  8. K

Pump ?

I have an old dug well with a 1" poly suction pipe in the basement. The well is about 60' away from the house. I'd like to setup a sprinkler pump, but the 1 1/2 hp pump I have has a 1 1/2 inlet and it's only building about 20 psi of pressure with outlets closed. I'm assuming the 1" suction pipe...
  9. K

Pressure problem sprinkler pump.

I have an old dug well with a 1" poly suction pipe in the basement. The well is about 60' away from the house. I'd like to setup a sprinkler pump, but the 1 1/2 hp pump I have has a 1 1/2 inlet and it's only building about 20 psi of pressure with outlets closed. I'm assuming the 1" suction...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks