Recent content by Kezug

1. Kezug

Need advice on air admittance valve replacement

Thank you for the reply. Turns out, past the wall, in a drop down run to the mainline going out the house, the entirety of the pipe was clogged. This was not my house, I suspect they were putting food and/or grease down the line and eventually the entirety of the pipe was clogged. When I...
  2. Kezug

Additional question. The AAV has a 20 DFU stamped on it. However, at Menards, Will this replacement unit from Menards WORK (says 20 DFU Branch/8 DFU Stack? I have no idea if this will be sufficient? Oatey® Sure-Vent® Air Admittance Valve - 20 DFU Branch/8 DFU Stack Model Number: 392305 Menards...
  3. Kezug

I seem to have a failed AAV. At first, my drain line was blocked with crud. I cleaned all the crud and snaked into the wall. All is clear. However, while that fixed one issue, I still was unable to drain. I was flabbergasted and I finally buttoned up the pipe and removed the AAV and voila, the...
  4. Kezug

Help removing Delta Monitor Shower faucet to replace cartridge

The brass ring design is the worst I have ever seen...mine would not come off and thus resulted in total, costly, full replacement! Horrible design Delta!
  5. Kezug

Leaking Delta shower faucet

The brass ring design is the worst I have ever seen...mine would not come off and thus resulted in total, costly, full replacement! Horrible design Delta!
  6. Kezug

I figured it out with the help of a plumber from our local store. I soaked he part in CLR (hung a baggy full of CLR submerging the part for about an hour), it dissolved some of the gunk and that freed it up. I had to also gently use a standard screw driver to separate the part from the sleeve...
  7. Kezug

Bump, hoping someone has some insight here. I checked and there is no allen screw after removing the handle. I am stumped.
  8. Kezug

My shower is not allowing hot water to come through. It is very warm at best. The faucet at the sink is very hot! I suspect a mixing issue and would like to replace the cartridge on this shower that was installed in 1997. I am having trouble at this part and am unable to figure out how to...
  9. Kezug

How to tie into this main stack for small wet bar sink

Well, I will certainly check into seeing how I can run a vent line up and out the roof. Might have to tear out some drywall on floors 1 and 2 and then up and out the roof. However, it just kills me that the builder didnt run a couple pipes up and out the roof...especially since they plumbed...
  10. Kezug

There is no room...to get to the roof from this location. This is in my basement of a 2 story. Why cant I just put in an AAV under the cabinet (like for an island sink)? However, I am still in need to find out how to tie into the 4" waste that is showing inside that chase? Can I do a rubber...
  11. Kezug

I have a wet bar sink that I am putting in the basement. I have the hot and cold water lines all ready to go but I am now stumped as to how to connect my sink drain to this 4" inch waste stack. This sink is in my basement. The 4" line that you see below is a waste stack for my upper floors...
  12. Kezug

How to install closet flange to cement floor

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to help. I will get the SS ring...also, one thing I need to mention is that the floor that I have is like 3/16" thick (not exactly sure but its thin. Its a vinyl (perfect for basement and is water proof)...so not putting the ring on top wont compromise in...
  13. Kezug

Thanks for all the feedback. How many screws do you think is sufficient? Also, I have read both that the flange goes on the finished floor and the finished floor goes up to the flange....it can go either way. In this case, I thought to clean and expose the concrete. But is the outer flange...
  14. Kezug

Please help me in installing a closet flange in this situation. I have purchased what will be a flange fitting on the outer edge of this pipe. Is an outer flange ok? Is the flange you see ok for this install? Too thick? Do I keep removing all of the styrofoam? Do I just cut the...
  15. Kezug

Studor Vent for powder room

Thanks. But what about my other questions?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks