Recent content by Kentd

1. Kentd

basement bath remodel, need some under slab and vent help

I must either be more awesome at this plumbing stuff than I thought! Everyone is speechless! Either that or I am beyond all hope. :)
  2. Kentd

Here is the finished product. Any concerns?
  3. Kentd

Which 4" ABS outside closet flange with SS ring to use?

See this pdf for the portion that requires relief. Mine will be sitting on top of a tile floor. I guess I will just not put tile under the bumped out portion. That way the outermost ring of the flange will sit on the tile...
  4. Kentd

I think I found it: Sioux Chief 886-4AM or 886-4ATM (with knockout) But, then I found these instructions on the Sioux Chief spec sheet pdf for the 3" inside fit version. If the 4" outside fit version requires the same 1/4" deep x 5/8" wide ring to be chipped away too, this seems a bit...
  5. Kentd

Is this it? http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Adjustable-Closet-Flange-With-Metal-Ring-1WHR5
  6. Kentd

I have a 4" toilet riser pipe and I'm looking for a 4" ABS outside (slip-over) closet flange with a SS ring. The one that hj has mentioned in other threads. Can anyone provide a manufacturer and part number? A link to an online store would work as well. I can't seem to find one. Thanks...
  7. Kentd

Is that bar sink drain connection allowed in the middle of this wet vented bathroom group?
  8. Kentd

Whoops! I meant 1 1/2". :o Didn't mean to give you a heart attack on a Friday at 5 o'clock. Thanks again for the advice. I truly appreciate it.
  9. Kentd

Final revision? Yellow shows the new drain line for the toilet and also the "Y" on its back that brings in the combined shower and lav drain. Red shows the 'upper level' "Y" on its side for the shower branch and the rest of the shower branch. Also shown in red is the new lav drain line...
  10. Kentd

I can get rid of the existing wet vent and put in a dry vent that will be at 30 degrees. That might have to be good enough. Kent
  11. Kentd

Unfortunately, I can't see how to get to a wall for a separate vent for the shower.
  12. Kentd

hj and dlarrivee, Thanks for the input. I definitely want to get this right, so here is what I am currently thinking. 1. Delete the horizontal lav drain branch (red X). 2. Drain the lav vertically and then horizontally around the near side of the toilet drain. Wye into the shower drain branch...
  13. Kentd

Well, some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue. The work was done by a licensed plumber and it passed inspection.
  14. Kentd

Hi all! Here's how the plumbing turned out. I have a few questions on the result: 1a. The shower branch-to-main branch wye is on its side. I understand that this branch is wet vented. Would it still be properly wet vented if the wye was rolled away from the horizontal? For instance...
  15. Kentd

Wet Vent Under Slab

In the book diagram, what if you were to put a cleanout on the vertical portion of the vent (above floor level)? In that case you could unclog the horizontal portion of the under slab vent via the cleanout.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks