Recent content by Kenolds

1. Kenolds

Quick (hopefully) WC to Tub drain question.

Thanks, Terry. I will follow your advice. That brings up another potential problem spot then in my plumbimg layout. I have two sinks next to each other in a double vanity. My plan is to come out ot the right sink trap with a 1 1/2 drain pipe running horizontally to the left. The left sinks...
  2. Kenolds

Thanks for the advise and thanks for putting up with those of us who have limited plumbing knowledge. That's why I was very happy to find this forum. I will add the vent and run the 1 1/2 pipe from the P-trap into the side of the 3" drain with the 45 degree wye fitting. Does everyone...
  3. Kenolds

Glad I asked! I thought the vent between the toilet and the tub (closer to the toilet) would protect me from siphoning out that tub trap. How about entering the side or top of the 3" drain? As far as the slope goes, 1/8" per foot is what my code book says for 3" pipe. 2" gets 1/4" / foot...
  4. Kenolds

I am adding a new bathroom onto my house. I have a question about the interraction between my toilet drain and tub drain. The toilet drains into a 3" pvc horizontal (almost - sloped down at 1/8" / foot) pipe. There is a 2" vent coming off the top of this 3" drain in the wall directly behind...
  5. Kenolds

Help with general plumbing layout for Bathroom Addition

Greetings. I am contemplating doing my own plumbing work in the bathroom of my new home addition. I have done some plumbing work, but not much design. I have a general idea of most code requirements (Alpharetta, GA - pretty strict, but not much freezing potential). The new bathroom layout is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks