Recent content by Kenny747

1. K

Uneven pressure after repair

It would make sense that they were designed for that but, wanted to be sure. Thanks, Bob.
  2. K

Well, I removed the tank and turned it upside down with plenty of water in it and got no water from the Schrader valve, plus, I forced all the water out to do the temporary fix mentiond and it wouldn't work so, I guess I have a small hole in the tank itself. I'm not sure of the exact...
  3. K

Thanks, for the advice on buying a little time, Bob, I'll do that. I'm going to check to see if my bladder is replacable and if not, I'll look into the tanks at the link. Is there an easy way to tell if the bladder is replacable?
  4. K

That's OK, Jim, you've been a lot of help and I appreciate it. I just realized I can just go check a friends pump and probably get an idea of what's safe by checking normal cycle time on his and turning my water pressure down at the wells water shut off valve so it only comes on somwhere...
  5. K

I'm now sure I've got a blown bladder. Can some one please give me an idea of the cost of a new tank here in NE FL, I can call tomorrow so no biggie. I'm just not going to be able to get another one right away and was hoping someone could tell me if there is any way I can get by w/this one for...
  6. K

then I can test the cut in/out water pressure from the schrader valve? Test = check
  7. K

you can also use the tire gauge to check system pressure at the same schrader on the tank. When you say "system pressure" are you refering to the water pressure. If so, what I'm getting is once the bladder is drained of water, I then bring the air pressure to what it should be, turn the pump...
  8. K

I understand, Bob. I was just thinking that installing a schrader valve in the plumbing would give me a way to check the pressure for adjusting the pressure switch and tank air instead of a pressure guage that may go out on me again. I tink I'll just go with another pressure guage though if need...
  9. K

Thanks, I'll try cleaning it before I get another.
  10. K

Makes sense to me. I'll bump the air pressure up to 28 psi tomorrow and that'll probably get it close to what is should be. Question: do the water pressure guages have a habit of going bad? The reason I ask is that if I have problems 5 or 6 yrs down the line and if my new WP switch is going...
  11. K

I understand, Jim. There was no bladder tank pressure (air pressure. Since no water is coming from the air valve (no hole in bladder, I can only assume that when the water pressure dropped to zero, there was less back pressure on the air valve than ever before and it may have allowed the...
  12. K

Bob, I don't have a converter fitting handy to get the water pressure with the tire guage. I just let all the water out and there was no air pressure in the tank so, to play it safe I put 20 lbs in just to see if we were on the right track and it does do better. I'll get a WP guage when I...
  13. K

Thanks, jadnashua, sounds good to me. The water pressure guage is shot so, assuming there is no other way, I'll get a new one and do as you say.
  14. K

Hello, the capacitor went out on my water pump and after I replaced it my pressure switch seems to kick on and off too often and the water pressure drops noticably before it kicks on. I made no adjustments to the pressure switch after I first installed the capacitor so everything should work as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks