Recent content by Kendallroad

1. K

interchangeability of toilet tanks

American standard does make replacements for their tank model no.4036 are other tanks available as replacements
  2. K

Iron and low Ph problem

I woul like to replace my calcite neutralization system with a solution based injection system. I would like to use a water controled dosing pump using a soda ash and hydrogen peroxide solution to cure my soluble iron and low Ph problems. Any information as to the as to the type pump to use...
  3. K

how to replace a submerged well pump

Pump capacity test method To test the capacity of my well at this present time, I constructed a 3 cu. ft.box fitted with a 90 degree square notched weir. the box was located with- in 10 feet of the valve at the bottom of my pressure tank. I connected a pressure gauge to a tee at the end of the...
  4. K

Well capacity test results The 20 gpm rating was the well drillers air pump test with the draw down to 325 ft. The static water level was 15 feet below the top of the casing (BTC). The pump installed was a Goulds 7GS05 having max. capacity of 10 gpm. The average draw down at a rate of 5 gpm...
  5. K

Kendallroad My wife agrees with SpacemanSpliff. Just one more question before I surrender. How do you disconnect the 1 1/4 in. PVC pipe from the 1 in. poly line that goes underground to my house? I removed the well cap and saw the line that holds the pump. At that time, I did not move the...
  6. K

I would like to replace my 1/2 hp well pump with either a 3/4 hp or a 1 hp pump in 325 ft deep well tested 10 years ago at a capacity of 20 gpm. Is this a do-it-yourself,(with help from friends)? The local well driller wants $1800 to $2000 for the replacement. I believe that I can the...
  7. K

Square D well pressure switch

Square "D" well pressure switch My thanks to Frenchelectrican and HJ for the detailed instructions and safety guide lines. Regards, Peter
  8. K

My thanks to Wet Boots. I will leave well enough alone since it is working. If I hook up a booster pump to the same pressure control I believe I should follow the same convention. The total ( combined) load will be 1 hp and the switch has a capacity of 2 hp at 230volts. Kendallroad
  9. K

I was checking my well pump pressure switch to determine if it could also control a booster pump. I found out that the switch was cross wired wrong,that is when the pump is off the motor terminals have 230 volts and lines 1 and 2have zero volts. Since the well has operated that way for 10...
  10. K

well pump priming problems...

Priming problems Three feet of water is not enough. The well point screen is about two feet so that as soon as the pump starts the drawdown exposes the screen to air and the pump sucks in air and loses prime. Two options (1) drive the well to have 5 to 10 feet of water above the screen...
  11. K

Sweating Welltrol Tank

sweating water tank. Insulation that will keep the outside layer above the due point of the ambient temperature will work. See if the blankets that are available to keep hot water tanks from cooling can fit your tank. I had the same problem with my tank in my basement ang solved the...
  12. K

well booster pump

Kendallroad Wouldn't the extra pressure tank only increase the time that the well pump does not turn ? When the pump turns on it can only deliver water at its current capacity.
  13. K

well booster pump

This is a relatively new home (10 years) and was to have a3/4 hp pump installed. The problem became apparent when I receently installed a water neutralizer and softener system (total pressure drop 15 psi). I checked the system and found that a 1/2 hp pump was intalled. The builder is long...
  14. K

well booster pump

I have a 1/2 hp Goulds model 7GS05 pump. I believe that the pump is underpowered. the pump's output at 10 the psi is constant at 8+ gpm. At the normal 40 to 60 psi setting the pressure drops rapidly to 40 psi and will only deliver about 3 gpm and the pump runs constantly untill the faucet is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks