Recent content by kellyb

1. kellyb

LASIK eye surgery

problem with the reading thing--your eyes just keep getting older--you will either need glasses again in a few years, or to have the surgery redone.
  2. kellyb

drywall and insulation codes requirements

yeah, that denver sheet says put screws in the perimiter. we have called the inspector, and talked to him, but I guess didnt think far enough forward, didnt ask drywall questions. And unfortuantely, our experience here is that to get a callback takes a week to 10 days. It might be good to...
  3. kellyb

A few more specific questions that drywall document is helpful. I have done both these jobs multiple times before, and am confidant we can do it well, but am worried about meeting code requirement. For example, we did not pass our electrical inspection, not because we did anything wrong--our...
  4. kellyb

so we have passed our rough plumbing (thanks to you guys), and framing inspections. The electrical is this afternoon. Next is insulation and drywall. Can anybody give me an idea what the insectors will be looking for with this? Finding info about plumbing wasnt too hard--you guys and a good...
  5. kellyb

UPC or IPC

in Utah, it is IPC. You have to check with your local government
  6. kellyb

Clamp or screw.

How long do the joints last. other than the fact that I was able to cut the cast iron pipe with a drywall saw, it went pretty well. Took only about 6 hours, thanks to what Ive learned hanging out here :). One more question-- as I was connecting the new abs to the old cast iron with the...
  7. kellyb

Clamp or screw.

rusty pipes just thought I'd share-- it all became moot when we started working on it, and the whole thing broke off in our hands, just above the floor and where the vent attached. :mad: both joints were rusted almost through. So we dug a hole in the slab, looked for solid pipe and clamped it...
  8. kellyb

laundry DWV question. Please help

the vent does go thrugh the roof. OK. so the corner is only about 3 feet away from the trap. I will vent it at the corner, run the vent under the windows and tie it into the vent line to the left of the sink. Thanks!
  9. kellyb

so this thing comes up out of the floor, drains the sink (and now the laundry, makes a 45 degree bend, as you see, and just out of the picture, goes vertical and out the roof. That will be the vent. I think this pipe originally drained a basement sink and vents the kitchen sink upstairs. Does...
  10. kellyb

Hi I am putting in a new laundry drain. I have enclosed a couple pics--it is all just dry fitted. 2 questions. first, I know that if I put a vent at A it will be right, but can I put it at B, or can it just be "wet-vented"--left as is? It is all 2 inch. (We are IPC here) Second, I am...
  11. kellyb

Clamp or screw.

thanks, everyone, thats a lot of help :)
  12. kellyb

Clamp or screw.

We are preparing to tie into an existing cast iron 2 in stack with a new laundry drain. there used to be a laundry sink draining into it via an ABS trap but this is poorly situated for what we are doing.the question is this. My understanding is the best way to tie into the cast iron is to cut...
  13. kellyb

Plumbing Code Question/Quiz

I gather you REALLY dont like AAVs? My plumber wants to put one in my basement (thats whats already there) I am not so sure.
  14. kellyb

does Drain order matter?

Help, please! I need to know if I need to find another plumber, or if this is gonna be ok! :o :confused:
  15. kellyb

does Drain order matter?

So here is what the plumber proposed. His company has done work for us before that we are quite happy with, but this particular guy didnt seem to sure how to tackle this job. He is also not who would do it. So if the vent was on the shower, can the lav be wet vented, or do we need vents on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks