Recent content by kc567567

1. kc567567

Replace my 15yr old furnace …why... just because???

Here is a PIC of it running ..... seems to be more "yellow" than i would expect. KC
  2. kc567567

Replace my 15yr old furnace …why... just because???

Presently installed: House is 1900 sq feet. Yearly Outside Temps: winters are -25c to +5c for 5 months, summers are +20c to +30c for 3 months. A/C is a Lennox model c18-21qc-1, ser 6390f32698, built 06/1990 Furnace is a Heil model cugi075ad01 ser l914939042, installed mar 1992, Input...
  3. kc567567

Reglaze Fiberglass tubs??

It took my contractor 9 full hours to rip mine out ..... and he's done it before .... don't go there if your moving. A new tub/shower and walls would cost you thousands with labour factored in. My understanding is that you can only resurface the steel tubs. Re-Paint walls and buy a big...
  4. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Post some pic's if you can ,,,,, would be interested in seeing it. If you can somehow install hot and cold shutoff valves on those 2 lines into the tower it would save you down time on the water grid ..... also better if the unit should fail in the future ..... depends on your access though...
  5. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Its done! Finished off the walls with a coat of paint and swapped out the Grab bars with a Hidden Screw Stainless Steel instead of the chrome.
  6. kc567567

Bathtub install--finishing

Do a google on greenboard ..... best to avoid it. Even though i have some in my recent build (see link below) I at least have cement board covering area's of direct water contact. Had i know more i would have insisted on cement board from floor to ceiling on every wall ..... i don't even think...
  7. kc567567

Is sealent needed with a polymer grout ( shower tile)????

As the title asks ... is a polymer based non-sanded grout in need of a penetrating sealer ...... as the Home Depot sales guy suggested? KC
  8. kc567567

Converting Tub To Shower

Yes, an important point made. In my case the ceiling below was damaged due to the inept builder install so access from below was no problem. Also, avoid the use of greenboard in the shower area entirely …. go with cement board or equivalent. KC
  9. kc567567

Converting Tub To Shower

Just did one, check out this thread: Hansgrohe shower panel? The contractor was an older guy and took about 80 hours. So, multiply that by their labour rate. Some guys will work faster. Then add for doors, tiles, fixtures etc. I'm in Canada so the prices here are somewhat inflated...
  10. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Hansgrohe shower panel .... the install continues! Day 9: Grouting finished and door in. Duct taped the corner shelves in place until they dry. Duct tape looks so good i might just leave it!:D
  11. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Yes, i would not use greenboard again but i was too late in surfing the Forums before i found out that it has fallen out of favor. Most of the older tiling guys just carry on doing what they aways did. In this case i don't go to the full ceiling of the bathroom. Above is essentially a heated...
  12. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Hansgrohe shower panel .... the install continues! Day 8 Grouting nearly finished.
  13. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Going to go with tile on the ceiling .... others seem not to have a problem with it and I like the look. From what i hear greenboard is not to be used in showers anymore but code here is the first 4 feet only ..... i have it higher as i asked for but if i was doing it again i would go entirely...
  14. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Hey, “nmodi†I guess I more or less hijacked your ‘Hansgrohe shower panel?’ thread with my Hansgrohe install ….. flame away if your upset???? KC
  15. kc567567

Hansgrohe shower panel?

Hansgrohe shower panel .... install/reno in progress ...pictures OK, here we are at the end of Day 3 …… base in, center plywood for the grab bars in place, some kind of green board on the ceiling and a light (reused from the crappy 15 year old 'builders special' enclosure). We plan on tiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks