Recent content by Kakozar34

1. Kakozar34

Toilet Leaking at Lock Nut or Shank

FINALLY! Success! I actually DID do the sanding wjcandee, on the day the guys suggested it. The ridges would not sand down, as they appeared to be a defect in the porcelain tank. I re-installed the fill valve again yesterday and was very careful to hold it in place to keep the washer flush on...
  2. Kakozar34

That makes sense. And yes, you are absolutely correct about the access. Mine is right up against the wall and next to the bath tub, with literally only about 6-12 inches from the tub. Luckily, I'm not a big person and can finagle myself a bit to get to it. It's also difficult to hold the...
  3. Kakozar34

Well, for some reason the instructions that came with the repair kit...it says specifically not to do that and not to use plumbers tape either. Don't know why.
  4. Kakozar34

I changed out the supply line just to be sure, but you can see in one of the first pics that the leak seemed to be forming at the locking nut. Just to be safe though, I changed the supply line and still had the leak. So, I switched focus to the fill valve. I will try to grease. It doesn't...
  5. Kakozar34

Well, I'm more confused than ever with toilet! After spending an hour and a half finding somewhere that had the emery cloth, I tried and tried to sand down the ridge on the right hand side of the fill valve hole to no avail! It appears that the ridge is actually a defect in the porcelain. What...
  6. Kakozar34

Thank you.....I will let ya'll know how that turns out tonight. I will have to stop and get some emery cloth. Thank you so much for the ideas.
  7. Kakozar34

Ok, I will try that tonight when I take another look at it.
  8. Kakozar34

Here are some pictures. If you look closely, you can see the drop forming on the right side of the shank and also that has dripped down onto the coupling nut.
  9. Kakozar34

I recently replaced all the contents of my toilet tank. Once completed, I noticed a very slight leak on the floor behind the toilet. I replaced the stainless steel flex supply line and tried again. That did not correct the leak, but it did allow me to see that the leak seemed to be forming...
  10. Kakozar34

HJ, can you tell me how to post something for input? I just signed up for the forum and am not...

HJ, can you tell me how to post something for input? I just signed up for the forum and am not quite up to speed yet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks