Recent content by Kahless

1. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

I really need to get my water tested again. That test was done 4 or 5 years ago by culligan by the previous owner and they were trying to sell him a $4000 dollar system.
  2. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

How would I look for this dip tube?
  3. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

I have to change the filters about every 3 weeks. When it says they are rated for a year. I know that the filters are innadequate. Would a water softner system help with the rust? I don't have any calcium or any other minerals that I know of in my water. I think lots of things need to be...
  4. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

There's a link to my setup. The hot water tank you see to the left is the settling tank. The blue arrow in the picture I drew is where I was told to put the pressure switch. The plumber I showed the picture to said the settling tank is a good idea and he recommends them to people with...
  5. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

Its a 55 gallon tank. Well it seems we have the problem figured out. I took a picture of the setup and went back to a plumbing person. He had originally asked me how far away the pressure switch was and I said about 6 inches. Which it physically is. But he saw in the picture that the...
  6. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

The hot water tank acted as a settling tank for the iron. A water filtration person from culligan installed it as a settling tank. No idea why it was before I owned the place. Don't know why its coming on at 40 when the switch is a 30/50 switch i've had two experts on wells and plumbing out...
  7. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

I've done all that. Here's a little bit more info. My pressure tank is at 28-30 psi somewhere around there. My pressure switch is a 30-50 switch. My pressure gauge sets at 40 psi when no water is running. When I run water it bounces from 40 to 70 psi over and over again as the switch...
  8. Kahless

Pump Going On and Off

I'm new to having a well and I just bought a house with one. Problem is our pressure switch keeps coming on and off really fast when we run some water. I knew the previous owner messed with the adjustments on it without knowing what they were doing. So I replaced the pressure switch and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks