Recent content by Kadip

1. Kadip

Tub waste pipe too high

Thanks Terry...!
  2. Kadip

Tub waste pipe too high

Appreciate everyones help and recommendations. I did lower the waste pipe 1/2 inch on my own to get clearance for the new lower tub drain. Then in the end I did the smart thing and hired a professional, for once understanding my limits and not wanting to wake up to crumbling drywall below the...
  3. Kadip

Tub waste pipe too high

Thanks very much for the advice Weekend. Much appreciated. Yes, the $1900 included changing the shower valve ( this in in the Phila area). Plumbers are backed up 7 weeks here so the demand is strong. I will look for another licensed plumber just to get a comparison; the person who quoted $1900...
  4. Kadip

Tub waste pipe too high

Hi.. trying to install an Am Std 60” alcove tub. Waste pipe with drain assembly inserted seems about 1/2 inch too high. Can i just use a PVC pipe cutter 1.5 inch pipe and take an inch or so out of the waste pipe, then put on a new threaded piece? Pic attached. Wanted to use a pro but plumber...
  5. Kadip

Which connector tub to waste pipe

Kind of seems like that. This is a "standard" American Standard part so Im guessing lots of people have worked with them. Their instructions dont even mention those fine internal threads.
  6. Kadip

Thanks Wayne, appreciate that. Understood..use 2 slip joint nuts. Here is another pic. The black threaded collar you saw in the first photo ( the drain assembly) actually also has very fine threads on the inside, to which is you attach a 3" length length of black pipe that then goes down into...
  7. Kadip

Super..thanks Terry!
  8. Kadip

Hi- I am installing a new tub. The manufacturers drain pipe assembly (black) is threaded on the bottom end and the waste pipe in the floor (white) is also threaded. The drain pipe assembly in the pic has about 3in of pipe extended down into the waste pipe in this photo. Not visible. Pic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks