Recent content by k11

1. k11

Toro Jar Top Solenoid Valve Installation

Just thought I would give a little update on my problem. I finally got new solenoids and they installed easily. The old ones must have been damaged from freezing over the winter. (Will have to get a better compressor and do it right next time.) I had some valves that were stuck in the open...
  2. k11

I will try installing it without the cap tomorrow. Right now it's dark and I will get eaten by mosquitoes. What is the cap suppose to do? They seem to break apart very easily.
  3. k11

The weird thing is that it is not a new solenoid. It's the same one that was in the valve last year when the system was working. I checked out the toro 89-0114, it looks a bit different than the one I have. Here are some pics.
  4. k11

We did blow out the system, but I think that the compressor we had may have been under powered for the job. I will try getting new solenoids and see how that goes. Thanks for the help!
  5. k11

I tried it again this morning and I still can't seem to get the threads to meet. The plunger is the original one that came out of the solenoid and I checked a good valve to make sure I was installing the parts correctly. (Had no problem re-installing the good one.):confused: Is it possible...
  6. k11

Hello: Great site with lots of good info! :) We moved into a house with a Toro irrigation system. The valves installed are Toro jar top inline valves (53708) (see attached picture). Is there a trick to installing the solenoid. It screws in fine if I take out the solenoid plunger, but with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks