Recent content by k-n

1. k-n

Meter panel with external knife cutoff?

I'm not sure if I'm searching with the right terminology. I'm looking for a meter panel (320A+) to replace the current panel that feeds two smaller panels. I am installing solar and the rules here are that I have to have an external cutoff that removes my solar from their grid in the event of...
  2. k-n

Adjust my pressure switch or install my CSV?

Thank you! I typed up a long reply, submitted, and it went into a black hole. Bottom line is I'll get a small tank and some pix and come back for more help. Thank you! This is what I ordered and have on hand: 1x CSV125-1 Cycle Stop Valve - 50 psi
  3. k-n

According to the little manual I got, it's about 2.8PSI per full revolution on both nuts with 3 1/2 full turns max for a max 10 psi change. If I go this route, I'd raise the range to 45/65 and back down the cutoff about 1.75 turns to get back to 60. Of course I'll need to ajust the PSI in the...
  4. k-n

My system is 3HP well pump that pumps to a 2500 gallon cistern. From the cistern I go to a goulds J10s 1HP electric. My original plan was to put a CSV in to keep the goulds running at 50PSI constant. My issue is I have an 86 gallon AO Smith pressure tank and the CSV is supposedly supposed to...
  5. k-n

Chasing a flickering gremlin

I'm going to check with my neighbor on the west side as I believe we share a transformer but I'll have to get out there and verify as we are all on 5-10 acres and the space between is large in some sections and most are bringing power down from a transformer. I separated the two lamps I have...
  6. k-n

New ground rods as well. Whole system is new from end to end. There are 4 Arc Faults in there. The LEDs, ironically, are the worst. On the other fixutres that aren't multi-bulb, the flicker is much less. I'm going to experiment some more by moving one of the twin light fixtures that is most...
  7. k-n

My house was rewired by a licensed electrician roughly a year ago. We have everything new from the utility pole into the house an all wires/outlets. We have noticed a random "flicker" that happens throughout the day in the house. It is not tied to major appliances such as the air conditioner...
  8. k-n

Sprinkler manifolds vs manifolds at each zone?

It is well but I have PLENTY of water flow. I can produce about 20gpm at 50psi with my goulds J10s pump from the cistern. I'm just curious the reason for "wires around the yard to random valve locations" vs. "wires to the manifold with pipes to random zones".
  9. k-n

Sprinkler manifolds vs manifolds at each zone?

I've owned 3 houses with "professionally" installed sprinkler systems and each one was quite different. I'm curious as to what is considered "best practice" for proper install given each sprinkler products company seems to tout different ways... I'm going to do this one myself and will only be...
  10. k-n

Reworking my well - options on sprinkler side

Excellent! Thank you for the detailed notes. I'll look at the CSV route with the single J10S as I already have all that equipment sitting here and ready to roll. Just a bit of electrical work and the CSV along with some plumbing and it looks like I'd be good to go. But... Just to be sure I...
  11. k-n

Reworking my well - options on sprinkler side

I am going to completely redo my well system. Currently I have a 3HP electric that can pull quite a bit of water out of the ground. I have a 1500 gallon storage tank. I have a goulds J10 1HP electric pump. I also have a higher end whole house pre, carbon, and post filtration system with a...
  12. k-n

Adding storage tank to residential water well

When you said you added a mister, was that part of the original setup or an add on? It seems to me that injecting water to the top of a well head is a bad idea. It's "dry" down to the pump and pumping water in there seems like it would add minerals, corrosion, etc. to all of the components...
  13. k-n

Plumbing in another toilet along a fairly long 3" septic run

I'm going to have to cut into about 50' run of 3" pvc that is the main septic line in the crawl space under my home. It is plumbed in at both ends so I can't move it horizontally to get fittings into place. My plan is to cut into the existing line as cleanly as I can with a handsaw, clean up...
  14. k-n

Looking for a high flow wall tub filler

I've been researching all day... I've come up with what I believe to be a solution but need a bit more feedback: The Delta ■ R10000-UNBXHF is a high flow shower only but appears it can be inverted and the cartridge rotated so hot/cold are right. With a 17T cartridge I can get around 8GPM of...
  15. k-n

Looking for a high flow wall tub filler

I've done quite a bit of searching. Either my goofle-fu isn't working or I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I'm not new to plumbing, cartridges, valves, etc., but I have never put in a high-flow wall application. Basically I'm looking for a high flow single handle or side by side two handle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks