Recent content by K Bar

1. K Bar

Failed Well Rehab Costing $1000

Hello, I hired a company to rehab my well. It is 65 feet deep. Six inch steel casing in rocky creek bed terrain. They said they could slip a four inch pipe down to bottom then do hammer drilling to to 120 or 150 feet or where ever we hit good water. Problem--it took them a couple hours to set...
  2. K Bar

Pump Tripping Thermal Overload Protector

Thanks will check that tomorrow. Having initial high pressure for a few seconds then very low water flow regardless of pressure. Sounds like a clog or filter. This system has probably not been used in years. Pretty sure filter is packed with crude. Will check that too. Very exciting to actually...
  3. K Bar

Got my new 2801054915 control box today. Put it in and the pump runs right up to 60 psi now and shuts off when the pressure switch clicks--just like it should. So turns out it was indeed a bad starter relay. Now I have some weird water pressure issues. Will do a little research first before...
  4. K Bar

Yep I was thinking of ordering that box and giving it a try before pulling the pump. So far its cheaper than buying just the starter relay.
  5. K Bar

Thanks, I hope that is the case. Having a heck of a time finding one locally. Probably have to order and wait.
  6. K Bar

I have found nothing on Franklin site saying you have to use one vs the other. Just the one is more efficient. But who know maybe this pump like the more simple model.
  7. K Bar

Roger that--so I am okay with that box? I just need to test or just replace relay before I pull the pump? Or maybe a whole new box if there is not much difference in price. I found instructions on testing the QD Control Box with (one capacitor type) on Dean Bennett site but nothing about testing...
  8. K Bar

Apparently Franklin has two control box's for these pumps. CSIR vs. CSCR. Mine is the CSCR type. Does it matter. Maybe I have the wrong box for this pump.
  9. K Bar

I would like to check that starter relay. Any tips on how to do that.
  10. K Bar

Affirmative I do still have the old start relay in there. I was confused as to what exactly that was--thought it was the black capacitor looking thing but I guess that is actually the "start capacitor". Hopefully you guys are on to something. Amprobe showed 25-26 amps when I switched pump on and...
  11. K Bar

Got an amp meter on it today. Drawing about 25 amps on start up and then drops down to about 18-20 then the pump shuts off as usual in a few more seconds. That's way to high right.
  12. K Bar

I replaced the starter relay and the capacitor with brand new ones. Pump is a Franklin 1/2 hp 230v. I checked voltage at well head and got 240v.
  13. K Bar

I can hear it shut off and water stops flowing. No amprobe but maybe time to buy one. I have eight feet of water above the pump inlet. Six inch hole--so should be about 12 static gallons. Pump only is only putting out about half a gallon before it shuts off and there is no sputtering or air...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks