Recent content by justin_24

1. justin_24

Hot Water Heater noises

It's not a snap or crackle when the elements are shutting off. It's comming from inside the tank. You hear it through the piping in the house. I was actually thinking of making the move to a hot water on demand system. Any thoughts on that?
  2. justin_24

Hot Water Heater noises

I'm a fairly new home owner. It's just been a little over a year now. My hot water heater isn't the newest on the block, but I thought I'd ask a few questions before I spent the money and time replacing it. After showers and running the dishwasher the heater makes a lot of "clunking" noises. I...
  3. justin_24

Bell&Gossett 100 Series Repair

The F5 is a cartridge pump... so I'm assuming at worse you'd have to replace the cartridge. From what I saw they aren't too expensive. Not sure what you ended up paying for your F5, but I got mine to the door for $72. Not bad considering just a bearing assembly for the B&G was going to be almost...
  4. justin_24

Ok so I did the install on the Taco 007-F5 circulator yesterday. All seemed to go well. It's much more quiet. Seems to be circulating fine. But I do have one question. Is the body of the circulator supose to be hot? I figured this was normal because it uses the water for lubrication of the...
  5. justin_24

That's why you buy from site with positive feedback and good reviews. I don't just buy from the first site I fall on. The site I posted had a 4 1/2 star rating and over 109 reviews. Very positive feedback. So I felt comfortable purchasing. The internet isn't completely full of scams and junk...
  6. justin_24

Just from the little bit of searching I did, the F4 and the F5 are practically the same thing. The Taco site doesn't even reference the F4 any more. So I'm thinking it's proabably been fazed out and the the F5 is a replacement. Same hp, amperage, size, everything. Might want to do a little...
  7. justin_24

The link I posted was for the 007-F5. I don't know off the top of my head what the difference is. You'd have to do a little searching to find out. Probably different amperage, flow, and maybe different physical size as well.
  8. justin_24

http://www.pexsupply.com/product_dtl.asp?pID=1983&brand=Taco&cID=289 It's 59.99 for the whole pump. I contacted them to make sure it wasn't just the body w/o the cartridge. Total with shipping is 70. Ordered mine today. When I need things like this I tend to use the "shopping" option on...
  9. justin_24

Awesome, that's what I like to hear. I'll be checking into a 007 then. Thanks for everyone's help.
  10. justin_24

Does the Taco 007 have the same flow as the B&G 100 series? Is it basically a straight swap? Same electrical, same dimension for the flanges, etc... or am I going to have to have someone come in and do an install if I decide to swap it out. I'm still running the same pump that has been on the...
  11. justin_24

You can get parts for B&G products here. www.simplyplumbing.com That's where I got the motor mounts. This link will take you to the B&G Literature page, where you can choose from many options to find part numbers and even find drawings of pumps and other products...
  12. justin_24

I have a home with boiler heat. My circulator pump has been making a lot of noise lately. I bought a set of motor mounts for the electric motor on the circulator. I was hoping someone could clue me in as to what kind of mess I'm getting into if I decide to do this myself. It seems pretty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks