Recent content by Justin in NJ

1. Justin in NJ

Need help - leaking shower stall with no clear cause

Should also mention there is a very musty smell in the bathroom. Gut the whole shower and remodel?
  2. Justin in NJ

Also, could this simply all be due to a clogged weep hole? I can also replicate that wet spot by pouring water into the weep hole adjacent to that wetspot
  3. Justin in NJ

Separate days. After running the hot water, all the tile is moist on the front wall, which is the side where the wet spot is forming. Wall doesn't get moist with a cold water running. The builder opened up the wall behind the shower faucet to look at the plumbing and there was no active leak...
  4. Justin in NJ

I have run a hot shower and a cold shower with nobody in it but only the hot shower seems to cause that moisture seen on the drywall to the left of the shower at the base. The moisture doesn't appear till around 45 to 60 minutes after the water is shut off so it seems to me like it's...
  5. Justin in NJ

Just as an update, running a cold shower causes no issues with wet drywall besides the shower but a hot steamy shower does. Could it be an issue with condensation that makes its way behind the tile not draining properly? Thank you.
  6. Justin in NJ

Just to follow up, the builder thinks there is an issue with a crack where the shower door meets the tile letting water drain through. Does anyone think this is possibly the cause? Thanks
  7. Justin in NJ

Also, could this be the issue? https://www.buellinspections.com/why-is-my-shower-enclosure-leaking-even-though-i-caulked-the-heck-out-of-it/ Both weep holes seem full of deep gunk. I think the previous owner had caulked inside them
  8. Justin in NJ

The only way I've been able to emulate the problem is to put water directly into the weep hole
  9. Justin in NJ

When I pour water directly into the weep hole it comes out on the exact spot that's wet. Could it be that there is a lot of caulk accumulation preventing the natural condensation from draining out?
  10. Justin in NJ

Hi everyone, I have found this forum to be a great resource for tackling DIY problems, but I think I am a bit out of my league here. I live in an 8 year old home and approximately one month ago, noticed a crack on the ceiling below where the master bath lays along with a yellow spot. I tracked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks