Recent content by juror58

1. juror58

How to use a closet auger on a plugged toilet

Toilet Clogging Problem I had a 16" ADA height, elongated bowl, 1.6 gpf Drake for about five years. I loved it. It never clogged (and I can clog one pretty good). Last April we had to pull it for some minor renovations, and when I tightened it back down I broke it. ["SUNNUVA B!!!!!"] :mad: The...
  2. juror58

Major DIY home renovation in the future-thinking of converting to hot water heat?

I replaced my hot air heating with hot water in my 100+ y/o house about 20 years ago, before the internet and forums like this. I used all copper, as pex wasn't the material of choice then. The hardest part will be getting the right information on sizing of the boiler, radiators, etc. Since...
  3. juror58

Fluidmaster Toilet Bowl Cleaning System in Toto Dalton?

Dave - I don't know what the Toto flapper valve seals are made of, but on ordinary flapper valves bleach will tend to eat up the seats and eventually they will leak. I gave up on in-tank cleaners containing bleach years ago, and no more leaking flappers. (And since my Toto has a 3" flapper...
  4. juror58

Insulating BoilerCopper Pipes

I've insulated my boiler lines with the grey foam insulating tubes from Home Depot. (1/2", 3'4", and 1" lines.) They've been there, unmelted, for nearly 15 years. The temp of those lines never gets above 180, even those coming right out of the boiler.
  5. juror58

Boiler over-pressurizing

Come spring, consider replacing the expansion tank with a bladder type (i.e. Extrol) tank. These are a lot less hassle in the long run.
  6. juror58

Best boiler setup?

Something to consider since you live in the great frozen north: if something on an HE boiler fails it could be days before the part can be obtained and the boiler returned to service. Also, replacing one of these parts can negate all the savings gained from the higher efficiency for a long tme...
  7. juror58

Indirect domestic HW from heating boiler

I have had an indirect hw heater for 20 years. It is a 40 gal SuperStore connected to a 96k Peerless HW gas boiler. I generally like it but... For the first 10 yrs of the installation there was just me in the house, and only 2 of us since then. Especially in the summer there are extended times...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks