Recent content by Jtbartlett

1. Jtbartlett

Bladder tank and holding tank

I'll have 240vac from a DC inverter. I should say I'm not really concerned about the power used, rather, I'm trying to limit the frequency of the well pump. Ideally I'd like to fill the tanks in the morning, and possibly again at night. I'd prefer not to have the pump cut in and potentially...
  2. Jtbartlett

Bladder tank and holding tank

I am in the process of plumbing up a new house. All DIY and I'm not a professional. I recently set a 7gpm goulds pump at 480'. Plenty of water at 1 gpm recovery rate. This is an off grid house so I'm trying to run the pump as infrequently as possible. Young family of 4. I have a 36 gallon...
  3. Jtbartlett

New well, new pump

Cost, primarily. I can set 3 goulds pumps for the price of 1 grundfos. Or, just set 1 and use the savings to pay toward electricity. Actually, I just got a 'lightly used' goulds pump for 50 bucks so that's going down the hole first. We need 230v at the house anyways so another 230v load will not...
  4. Jtbartlett

New well, new pump

Thanks for the reply valveman. I don't think I will worry about changing the motor. It seems the selection of pumps for 1 hp rating and depth are pretty limited. 8gpm is the best I could find in both the gould 7gs10 and a 7 gpm F&W Commander (franklin motor). The well is going to feed the house...
  5. Jtbartlett

New well, new pump

Hello, I am setting a pump soon and have a few questions. 500'well static is 261, 200psi poly drop pipe. 2 bath house, young family of 4, off grid house. My question is possibly irrelevant but here goes. I am looking at a goulds 7gs10 pump, it seems like good quality name brand pump. Now, I'd...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks