Recent content by jswordy

1. jswordy

Preferred Makes/Models - Tileover Access Panels

Dunno what floor you're on, but I put my line cutoff valves in the crawlspace. I agree they are nice to have, especially since science has shown us that a leak will not start unless it is 2 a.m. on Sunday. A simple twist "cures" it until it can be fixed.
  2. jswordy

Recommend a whirlpool tub for tub/shower combo?

Yikes, I am 6'2" and constrained by walls to a 6-foot tub. This is one of those old bathtub width bathrooms that's about 8 or 10 feet long, so space is tight. Thanks for your reply, as it seems I have some rethinking to do. The air tub sounds like a better alternative. I'll look into those, too...
  3. jswordy

Pros, please check me on this before I buy a new pressure tank - THANKS!

Especially on the Net, I have learned a lot about "best" vs. "works just fine." That's why I never ask questions about what is "the best." The tank I'm getting has a 5 year warranty, and I did my due diligence and it has good comments about it from DIYers elsewhere. If I get 5-10 years out of...
  4. jswordy

Our pressure tank is leaking

Late on this, but I'd definitely replace the galvanized stuff with copper. Copper to galvanized creates an electrolytic action that can severely corrode and even perforate the galvanized over time. It could even be why the tank perforated.
  5. jswordy

Recommend a whirlpool tub for tub/shower combo?

I am about to finally - after 23 years of procrastination - undertake a master bedroom bath redo. The bath is presently a disgusting mess, originally installed by someone else with cheap materials and showing age and mold and cheapness. One of the things on my list is a whirlpool tub, as we...
  6. jswordy

Thanks. I really appreciate the responses. It's a good point about short-cycling and I'm aware of it. I'm glad I have a sturdy ally in the Jacuzzi pump, which is one of the best submersibles made if you ask me. I even know someone who has laid one sideways in a spring box. That's a huge no-no...
  7. jswordy

Thanks. Believe me, with 85 rated gallons of capacity, the pump doesn't cycle much at all compared to the 52 gallon tank. An average shower cycles the pump once or maybe twice. The bigger tank has really smoothed out the house supply side. I think you've answered my main question. I need to buy...
  8. jswordy

My well system supplies a farm and has a house, shop and 3 outdoor hydrants on it. The pump is a lightning-arrestor protected 1/2 hp or 3/4 hp Jacuzzi (it has been several years since I installed it and I cannot recall what we put down the hole as far as hp). I do most of the work on our farm's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks