Recent content by jsweeney17

1. jsweeney17

Tried everything but no irrigation... suddenly

yes I figured that but there is no master valve connected to the controller at all. I have now located and tested all the solenoid valves. Tested for resistance to, and on, each solenoid, tested for 24v AC delivered to each solenoid when operated by the controller. Each solenoid 'clicks' on and...
  2. jsweeney17

There's no master valve connected in the Toro control box. just an empty port. Could it be wired differently? ie using one of the regular valves as a master? wouldnt that mess with the timing sequences when watering - the master has to be programmed to stay open while all the others are on I...
  3. jsweeney17

I dont know which station controls which solenoid so that would be a very lengthy process and hit or miss. Today I tried replacing the controller with a Rainbird one from Lowes. I hooked all the wires up and tried it but once again nothing...
  4. jsweeney17

I turned the flow on manually through the backflow preventer and all but 1 zone went on but none were responding to the controller ie all on or all off by that manual tap in the pipe. The solenoids I only checked resistance at the solenoid. I checked the voltages to stations at the control...
  5. jsweeney17

measured the voltages and the resistance on the lines from the controller to the solenoids. all were fine. yesterday I checked the resistance on each of the solenoids and all were fine. Now Ive replaced the rain sensor. I checked htie incoming voltage from the transformer. Out of ideas.
  6. jsweeney17

Thanks for everyones suggestions on here! OK so this morning I replaced the rain sensor as they were relatively cheap. No difference. System still not working, I am at a loss! There's not some hidden kill switch on that controller or secret reset button is there?
  7. jsweeney17

yes thats the one and I have followed that owners manual but its troubleshooting guide is pretty non-existant. I plan to replace the rain sensor next out of frustration and see what, if anything, happens.
  8. jsweeney17

I think the backflow preventers may have been a red herring but did help me figure out it wasn't a water issue. above is the control box and wiring. We do have a rain sensor (I hadn't spotted it as its a Toro and looks different to the ones pictured). The sensor is likely old and I thought...
  9. jsweeney17

yes the picture you had on the left is exactly what I found down the third control box. I used a multimeter to test all the solenoids and all seemed ok. i have not seen a rain sensor anywhere around the house at all. Its still not working, sadly. Any other possible causes?
  10. jsweeney17

We have had irrigation working fully for the last 3 years but this season when I turned it on NOTHING.... The Toro Controller says its working but nothing is happening. All zones off, in auto or manual modes. I have followed all the standard online tutorials, tested the controller for voltages...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks