Recent content by jrseaberg

1. jrseaberg

New sterling bath damaged by bodysoap

possible help/cover-up I don't know how well it would work, but it might save you the time and hassle of a tear-out. There are various products by several manufacturers that you can "paint" tubs and tile. I have heard they don't work that well for the tubs due to wear, but it might make the...
  2. jrseaberg

drilling sink?

correction! Thanks for the input everybody! However, the sink is ceramic, NOT porcelain. Chassis, sink is what wife wants (size, etc.), but not finding a single hole faucet she likes. Sooo, unless I find "proof" that it won't work.(my hope is that I will have to tell her to buy a new...
  3. jrseaberg

drilling sink?

I just purchased a porcelain sink that was made for a single hole faucet mounting. Is it possible using a diamond core bit to drill two additional holes for a 4" spread faucet (like you can drill a hole in porcelain tile)? Or will the vanity most likely break/shatter? Jim p.s..... I am...
  4. jrseaberg

vanity faucet brand?

Thanks Your replies make this chore much easier than "shooting in the dark"! Thanks for your time. Jim
  5. jrseaberg

vanity faucet brand?

Still looking for a vanity faucet... single hole mount, brushed nickel, not a vessel sink. Seeing several different brands, but I don't know anything about them. Any opinions on which to buy, which to avoid??? Some of the brands I have seen... but please don't limit input to just these...
  6. jrseaberg

find pump?

I remember my dad using a small submersible pump to help a neighbor who's window well would fill with water, and then flood the basement. This pump was about the size of a large can of baked beans (how's that for technical??? about 6" high and about 5" in diameter). I don't remember having...
  7. jrseaberg

Tough Joist - resists new screws for new subfloor

some tough wood... You might try: make sure bit is sharp make sure bit is clean use a larger pilot hole use lubricant on screw (I have used bars soap) Jim Good luck!
  8. jrseaberg

Trying to locate toilet with floor-to-rim height 20-21"

idea... Several years ago I needed to raise a toilet. I already had a "high rise" toilet (17"). I made a pattern of the outline of the base, and cut two pieces of 3/4" treated plywood to match that outline. Glued/screwed those together (added 1.5"), cut a hole for the waste pipe, and routed...
  9. jrseaberg

Handheld Shower with fixed head combo

Delta... A few months ago, I bought a Delta "kit". Delta: Innovations Series Single-Handle: lvr hdle, 3-hole installation, 5-1/4" spout - 540 Color: Brilliance Pearl Nickel/Chrome with matching accents. It has a single handle rough-in valve w/ two body sprays, trim kit, fixed shower head...
  10. jrseaberg

Ikea faucet???

Thanks! I appreciate the replies. I will look elsewhere (or my wife will!).
  11. jrseaberg

Ikea faucet???

Wife saw a bathroom faucet at IKEA. I'm concerned about quality, and availability of replacement parts. (With the low price tag, I suspect this isn't the faucet I want.) Anyone with input? Experience? Alternative brand w/ similar look? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60101789...
  12. jrseaberg

Who is Joe Tedesco?

I'm glad I checked back... I'm just a diy'er with a little common sense that has learned what a great resource this site is. (I don't do anything with electrical (((or plumbing, or concrete, or carpentry))) until I am absolutely sure of what I'm doing. I'm not going to kill myself or burn down...
  13. jrseaberg

Use Sump Water For Toilet Flushing

stupid idea for solution??? Recreational vehicles sometimes use a 12 volt demand pump. Some use a "pressure bladder tank" (don't know the correct name). This might work for refilling the toilets, but I don't think they have the pressure or flow capabilities for garden hose use. Jim
  14. jrseaberg

bathroom fan exhaust

Thanks! I appreciate the wise input! I will put it to good use. :) Thanks! Jim
  15. jrseaberg

Odd drainage issue needing creative help

paint source... Having read the idea of oil-based paint, you might contact your local government/solid waste/environmental department to see if they have paint recycling. The city where I live does, and they will donate paint that has been turned in for recycling. They also screen/filter the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks