Recent content by JParsons

1. J

Drywall Mud - What type?

Suggesting that much of the "repair" can be accomplished by sanding through the paint to level the existing compound? I suppose that a combination of everything is in order. I've got ugly joints, poorly finished nail/screw heads and visible lines at corner beads :eek:. Could jut ignore it for...
  2. J

Drywall Mud - What type?

I've been doing a little more reading and maybe the way to beat the dust is to wet sand with a sponge. I'm still confused by the array of compounds available. Should I use a lite finishing (stated as good for topping which I think is what I need doing??) or a lite all purpose or even a regular...
  3. J

Drywall Mud - What type?

My house is about 26 years old and the quality of the drywall finishing is poor in many places. Primarily the joint lines are visible in that they stand proud of the wall. In some places the lines are narrow in others several inches wide. I would like to improve these areas but am not sure...
  4. J

Warranty Service - Are Some Better?

Hello All, I am new to the forum. I have a 7 year old (and 2 months) GSW (John Wood) gas water heater which is showing signs of leaking at the top of the tank (damp and crystaline growth around input and output pipes). I notices signs of this problem many months ago but did not give it much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks