Recent content by Josh4trunks

1. Josh4trunks

"Dripping" Noise in ABS drain pipe

So after more investigation, I am fairly certain I have freed the 90 degree bend at the the top plate. But, checking the vertical potion of the pipe I can clearly feel several feet of it are pushing up against the drywall. So my current theory is the vertical pipe is slightly pushing against...
  2. Josh4trunks

I definitely hear water flow/gush after a toilet flush or bathtub drain. But I figure that was to be expected, my main concern was the annoying ticking noise that persists after a hot bath/shower. I ordered some 2" Owens Corning 703, which I was going to use to build acoustic panels eventually...
  3. Josh4trunks

It sounds like dripping, but as far as I can tell there is no visible leak. And the noise is happening at a 90 degree before going down from 2nd story to slab. My current though is the noise is actually creeking at the joint. I can sometime reproduce the noise by just trying to twist/bend near...
  4. Josh4trunks

Will triple check today, location of noise by feel and that it really isn't touching anything while ticking is happening. I can even borrow my wife's stethoscope and see if that helps, though I don't know how to use it...
  5. Josh4trunks

It was fairly loud for me and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a leak. I was able to access the pipe in a pantry so drywall repair isn't a big deal. But if I had to cut into visible drywall I would have been more hesitant. Whenever I repair drywall I can never get the texture to match, lol.
  6. Josh4trunks

Definitely a hot shower/bath. I don't think a toilet flush is enough to trigger the "ticking".
  7. Josh4trunks

I can confirm it isn't rubbing because I can slide a piece of sand paper all the way around the pipe without snags, even when the pipe is warmed up from a hot bath/shower. I was totally convinced rubbing was the cause, but after completely freeing the area with the noise, I think it is just...
  8. Josh4trunks

Not gonna repipe my house anytime soon, lol. I'll keep that in mind if I ever have a house built though. Thanks, will probably buy the putty too.
  9. Josh4trunks

Hello, So I have a "dripping" noise coming from an ABS drain pipe that goes from a 2nd story bathroom, horizontal maybe 10-20 feet, then vertical to the concrete slab. I cut open the wall in my pantry where the noise was loudest and found everything dry and realized the noise is actually coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks