Recent content by JOSEPH SMOOT

1. JOSEPH SMOOT

Macerating Toilet and fixture units question **with photos**

Hi Michael, Thanks for the reply. I'll see with the specs what it is rated to. The ejector pump does seem like the better way to go, but I have a pretty high water table and I don't want to open more holes in my floor to potentionally allow ground water to work its way up into. My sump pump has...
  2. JOSEPH SMOOT

Macerating Toilet and fixture units question **with photos**

Hey All, Just did the DWV plumbing in my home, remodeling and first time home owner. Everything is new and previously (2019) passed code, woohoo. Stack and vent are 3". Currently 1 tub, 1 toilet, 2 sinks, 1 dishwasher. Had my septic done, and specifically ask for (and had passed) my 50% larger...
  3. JOSEPH SMOOT

B VENT / Draft Hood / Flue question

Thanks! I'll be sure to order that then and attach the appliance hood to that. I really appreciate the advice and explanation. I wasn't sure.
  4. JOSEPH SMOOT

B VENT / Draft Hood / Flue question

Hey all, New homeowner here, been remodeling the whole house. Bought a Rheem 50 gal platinum plus gas (natural venting, only powered flue flap no fan) on clearance. Looked in the manual and it calls for B vent. Ran it out the house and up the side above the roof (per local code). Issue I have...
  5. JOSEPH SMOOT

Waste Plumbing Question, Wye not?

Hey Wayne, I've never seen that style fitting before at least at home depot. I'll have to check that out! Thanks for your input on the 90 with an side inlet. I'll steer away from that fitting.
  6. JOSEPH SMOOT

Terry and Stuff, I updated the two photos with red showing stuff to fix, and green showing whats good. I'm glad I didn't glue anything yet! haha. Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I'm trying to learn to do this right. I work full time and trying to get this place ready to be lived in. With...
  7. JOSEPH SMOOT

Hey Terry, Thanks for the reply. A few quick questions - 1. I had asked the gentleman before you, how do you vent the drain/overflow when the standard fitting package comes with just a prefabricated 90 to the overflow? 2. Can the kitchen clean out be a P trap with a cleanout in the bottom of...
  8. JOSEPH SMOOT

Hey Stuff, I plan on adding a 2" vent over by the pump in the basement (about 12' to the left of all this, same wall) and running it through the studs. I have ductwork im making a small soffit for so my plan is to run it along side, and then tie it into the existing 3" vent stack. less holes in...
  9. JOSEPH SMOOT

Thanks Reach4. From what I found the 90 with an Ell is okay for waste, not for venting (unless the 90 is on its side horizontal to horizontal and the ell sticks straight up. I appreciate it!
  10. JOSEPH SMOOT

Good Morning! I'm new here, just joined and searched for this question and was unable to find the answer. Can you turn a Wye on its Y, for lack of a better term? For those that like to read, I explained a lot below the photos. For those who don't look at the photo and tell me if it is a- okay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks