Recent content by Jorgebaloy

1. Jorgebaloy

Vibration from Neighbor's Mini-Split

Hanging the outdoor unit on stud walls can be problematic, as you can get resonance between the unit and the structure. (The installation manual specifies a "rigid wall structure" for that reason.) On wall hung installations on stud walls I use rubber isolation pads between the feet of the unit...
  2. Jorgebaloy

DIY Zoning

Let’s say you live in a two-story home without any zoning. During the summer, it’s always nice and cool downstairs. That’s where the thermostat is, so you can feel confident that the ambient temperature will match what’s on your thermostat. Upstairs… not so much. Thanks to the reverse stack...
  3. Jorgebaloy

About Midea Mini Split

I'll start with saying I did some research on Midea and it was tough to locate anything about them. My contractor recommended Midea and he explained to me the benefits of Midea over some competitive brands like Trane and Goodman. I've had this installed a month now and we are impressed. It's...
  4. Jorgebaloy

Do I need an attic fan

Attic fans can either be gable mounted or they can be roof mounted. A typical attic fan works by exhausting hot air and drawing in fresh air from the exteriors. They are accompanied with additional vents which help in drawing in fresh air. Since, the hot attic air at a temperature of about 150°F...
  5. Jorgebaloy

Mini Split, Three options, and a lot of confusion.

The best weather for heat pumps to operate in is warm or moderate. This is because it allows them to easily extract the surrounding heat and convert it into energy efficiently and effectively. Plus, the fact that they can be used as heaters and/or air conditioners means that even if you live in...
  6. Jorgebaloy

Looking to Buy Dual Fuel Heat Pump Online.

Ducted Mini Split Systems : this means if you need a system that can hide in your attic, closet, or crawl space, this is the option for you. The majority of systems that you will find on this site need to be mounted to the wall within 6-12" of the ceiling. With these types you can complete a...
  7. Jorgebaloy

Portable AC unit - only beginning of cooling coils get cold

When the cooling coil has a nice thick ice build-up on its surface there will be no cool air produced by the air conditioning system at all. The fan runs, outside compressor/condenser run, but little or no air moves through the duct system. The page top photograph shows icing on the cooling coil...
  8. Jorgebaloy

Mini Split, Three options, and a lot of confusion.

In a multi-zone or multi-split system, more than one indoor unit is connected to a single outdoor unit. It allows you to set different temperatures for different areas of your home. A multi-zone system costs you less than buying a number of separate single-zone systems to cover the entire home...
  9. Jorgebaloy

Danby Oil Furnaces

There are several factors you need to consider so that you make the right choice for your home. Choose the Best Fuel Type for Your Budget Furnaces are powered by different fuels such as coal, fuel oil, and wood, but the most common fuel source is natural gas. An electric furnace or heat pump...
  10. Jorgebaloy

Exterior window A/C filters

Well thought! But if you see any problem with performance you should think of something else.
  11. Jorgebaloy

Can I clean evaporator coil from outflow side?

Warmth in household air drawn over the cold surfaces of the evaporator coil is absorbed by refrigerant vapor circulating through the coil. Anything that comes between the transfer of heat energy in the air into the refrigerant inside the coil decreases efficiency of the cooling process. What...
  12. Jorgebaloy

About Midea Mini Split

Thanks for your answer. If it is true what you say about: Midea mini-splits are manufactured under contract by Gree, it is contradictory, I do not like the Gree brand but Midea yes.
  13. Jorgebaloy

Heat Pump Not Running

Condenser fan won't start Check that power is on to the outdoor unit and that the indoor thermostat is calling for cooling and set to cooling mode. If the compressor/condenser unit has power and the compressor motor appears to be able to start and run normally but the outdoor...
  14. Jorgebaloy

About Midea Mini Split

Has anyone heard about Midea Mini Split Air Conditioner before?
  15. Jorgebaloy

Fujitsu mini split outside unit gets to hot

What are the causes of compressor overheating: High Head Pressure - This can be caused by dirty condenser coils, a bad condenser fan motor, a recirculation of air back into the coils, improper rotation of the condenser fan, non-condensibles (air, nitrogen or other gas), and an overcharge of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks