Recent content by jolycu

1. jolycu

Quikcrete Sand/Topping Mix--should I add more sand?

Thanks hj, I noticed the foam base after I posted about the sand mix. But we are also replacing a shower in the other bathroom that doesn't have a foam base, so the information will still be relevant.
  2. jolycu

Thanks guys for your answers, I appreciate it. They guys at Lowe's were totally clueless when I told them what I wanted to do. I was looking at the sand/topping mix and they said "Oh, no, you definitely don't want that." They called a guy in the flooring dept and he claimed to have just what I...
  3. jolycu

I've been doing a lot of reading concerning setting the shower pan in mortar for support and leveling. From what I've read, it seems most recommend a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio of sand:cement. I'm going to use Quikcrete Sand/Topping mix which I understand is approximately 3:1. Should I plan on adding sand...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks