Recent content by Johnzane

1. Johnzane

Common Wire

The Common wire is the hot black wire. Here's a well written, thoughtful article explaining the common wire in a three-way switch, that should lay to rest the tentacled monsters these things can appear to be to DIYs: http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infelectrical/inf3way.html According to...
  2. Johnzane

Duravit Stark 3 is a very good choice.

I chose the Duravit Stark 3 toilet because it only cost me $650 complete. The plumber had never installed one before, and made quite a few errors, but eventually everything went in, and worked. Then the actuator failed, so I pulled out the guts and learned he had not calibrated it correctly. No...
  3. Johnzane

Looking for a highly recommended wall mounted toilet.

Here is the new toto CW762Y, I found it at the Toto website online. Looks expensive, but very similar to the Duravit. See photo:
  4. Johnzane

New model toto wallhung? I will check with the toto showroom for the model number of their wall hung toilet, and report later. It did not look like the American Standard most institutions have, though I would still recommend them. They have undeniably one of the largest water surface "spots"...
  5. Johnzane

Mostly happy with my Stark 3 wall hung toilet. Duravit is really making inroads among the designers here in San Francisco, you see more and more high-end showrooms with the complete line of products. They are expensive, no doubt, but there's nothing to compare to the brand's cool factor. It...
  6. Johnzane

Toto wall mount toilet or other option

Can I pair a Grohe carrier/cistern with the Toto CT708V#01? I just had my plumber install a new, short model, Grohe carrier, which looks very much like the Geberit model: blue frame, white plastic cistern. I was going to pair it with a Duravit Stark 3 wall hung, but after much research...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks