Recent content by JohnyChevyEG

1. JohnyChevyEG

Toilet is not flushing correctly.

Well, you could be right. It's my kids toilet, so who knows whats going on there. I just got the American Standard Spacesaver complete.
  2. JohnyChevyEG

The tank was filling up to the water line. The holes were also not clogged. I have to assume something crazy happened when I moved this. I went ahead and just got a new toilet. I put it on, and the new toilet is running like a champ. I like it so much, I'm getting another new one when i...
  3. JohnyChevyEG

Yeah, the water goes right down and I get a good water rotation with the bucket of water. I looked at the inside, and everything seems to be working correctly. I see the water go all the way down to the bottom, and then the flap closes the hole when the water is gone. I had problems...
  4. JohnyChevyEG

I dropped nothing, i'm sure of it. Whatever I'm trying to flush will usually go down after the second flush. As I look at the toilet and the way it flushes, I notice that my other toilets spin, and this one doesn't. This is really getting out of hand. I might just have to call a plumber...
  5. JohnyChevyEG

I added a new floor to my kids bathroom, and after putting the toilet back on with a new wax ring, solids will not flush. I tried a couple different rings, and the same situation is happening. The floor was raised about 1/2 to 3/4 inch, so I got one of those extender rings because they claim...
  6. JohnyChevyEG

Painting trim, baseboards, and kitchen cabinets.

Team, I am about to take on the task of painting all the trim, and kitchen cabinets in my house. Currently the trim is a stain, with a shiny surface coat of something, i'm not 100 percent sure, i'm not a painter expert. The kitchen cabinets are the same I believe. Whats the best way to go...
  7. JohnyChevyEG

Is there a class action lawsuit against Kitec piping?

Mark, While I totally would agree that 400 bucks a year to ensure that all issues would be corrected seems like a decent price, I feel in the long run, for most people, it's not a good option. This company is in it for the money. You probably dont hear about the many times that AHS does...
  8. JohnyChevyEG

Is there a class action lawsuit against Kitec piping?

This is why I will never pay for a home warranty myself. AES keeps trying to get me to get set up, but I refuse. Why? Because if you read the fine print, they clearly state that they do not have to make things right for you, if they so choose. This escape clause is standard for just about...
  9. JohnyChevyEG

Electrical Work, Dryer Outlet

THis kind of thing pisses me off about buying a house that was lived in before you. You can give them a list of things to fix, and they need to fix them. I made the mistake of not hiring an inspector to recheck the house I bought, and i found several problems that just werent fixed correctly...
  10. JohnyChevyEG

Bathroom additions

Honestly, I cant see a reason not to add another bathroom if you're doing a complete story add on. My basement bathroom add-on is about 2000 bucks total, and it's about a 6'X6' deal. I am not adding a shower however, but am reserving the right to add one in a few years, if I see the need for...
  11. JohnyChevyEG

Sink and Toilet combo

I'd rather have a platinum toilet, to go with my platinum sink and platinum flaked toilet paper.
  12. JohnyChevyEG

Mudding drywall screws (tricky little suckers got you screwed)

Verdeboy is right. Countersink them and try to put your nails or screws next to the seams, that way when you mud, you are mudding over the tape and the screws at the same time. If you put a couple screws in the middle of the drywall to make sure is doesn't vibrate during deep noises then you...
  13. JohnyChevyEG

sink not working

Did you tap into the same line as the sink? Did you stick something in the pipes to stop the water flow so you could solder? Maybe you forgot to take it out?
  14. JohnyChevyEG

How do I increase flush time?

I agree. My toilet flapper stopped sealing so I bought a universal one at the local hardware store, and was getting real upset that it was closing right after flushing. I eventually looked at the directions and figured out I needed to cut out a certain piece if I wasn't using it. Once I did...
  15. JohnyChevyEG

Warned on inspectors...

Here in my area, if you add on a remodel without permits, and you dont want to get it inspected, you have add "as is" to the listing and you will typically lose a few thousand because of that. Also, if a buyer hires and inspector, and he gives a list to the seller, the seller can flat out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks