Recent content by Johnny Drama

1. Johnny Drama

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

I bought a Toto Drake about 4 years ago when one of my toilets in my condo took a crap. It is without a doubt the best toilet I have ever used. I've sold my condo and am moving into a new townhouse, but unfortunately the builder doesn't use Toto. I want to tear my Toto out of the condo and...
  2. Johnny Drama

Moen Chateau, Hot/Cold Reversed

Easy enough. I'll let you know how it works out. I don't think I can replace the gray tubing. It's a condo and the tubes come up from the floor, which is some type of cement substrate that appears to have been poured around the tubes...and I'm sure the person below doesn't want me to be...
  3. Johnny Drama

Guys, Thanks for the help. Pretty awesome that you can take a look at that beat up valve and tell me who mfg it and what to do to correct it! You rock! What's the best way to go about rotating the stem without rotating the entire core? I hadn't planned on doing anything with the feeder...
  4. Johnny Drama

Hopefully this will help...
  5. Johnny Drama

Hello all, I've been doing a bathroom remodel and I only planned on re-tiling the walls and not touching the plumbing, but while I've got the walls off the studs I figured it might be a good time to deal with a plumbing issue. The shower/bath in one of my bathrooms has the hot and cold...
  6. Johnny Drama

EasyBoard

Has anyone used EasyBoard...or even heard of it? I just found it at Home Depot and it seems to be a lot easier to handle than hardibacker. It's put out by custom building products. http://www.custombuildingproducts.com It appears to be some kind of foam core, but it's mold resistant.
  7. Johnny Drama

Shower head extention

A couple of quick questions: 1. Is there a reason to have the shower head extension over the tile line, or is this just a preference? I plan on retiling and the extension will come out below the tile line. 2. Does the shower head extension pipe need to be soldered at the feeder line, or...
  8. Johnny Drama

Bathtub walls

Got it. So 4 mil poly sheet...that's just a think piece of plastic basically, correct?
  9. Johnny Drama

Bathtub walls

What exactly should I use as a vapor barrier? I've looked on the web and everyone talks about a vapor barrier under flooring and in attics, but no one mentions it behind bathroom walls (oddly enough). Also, there was no vapor barrier behind the original walls, so is it really needed?
  10. Johnny Drama

Bathtub walls

I've removed the tiles and sheet rock from my bathroom walls and have the studs exposed. I've currently got 1/2" hardibacker ready to install and I have to fur out the studs to match the hardibacker up to the old 5/8" drywall. Questions: 1. Where the hardibacker meets the old drywall should...
  11. Johnny Drama

Shower Valves

Shower valve replacement Well, after ripping out my walls doing a remodel on the bathroom, I've decided it would be wise to update the shower valve. The only issue is that the feed lines are plastic with everything else being sweated copper. The install is the original 20 years old), and I'm...
  12. Johnny Drama

Retiling Bathroom Walls

Thanks for all the help. I was wondering about the vapor barrier. I've seen several people talk about adding it, but I've noticed it was never installed when this place was built. It's 20 years old now, so maybe they didn't do it back then.
  13. Johnny Drama

Retiling Bathroom Walls

I forgot to mention this is my first time doing this, so what does "fur out the studs" mean and I'm assuming that's for all studs...
  14. Johnny Drama

Retiling Bathroom Walls

Hello all, I'm retiling my shower/bath walls and have removed the old tile and drywall. My problem is this....the old backer board is 5/8" thick, but I can only find 1/4" or 1/2" thick backer board for the new install. How can I get the old and the new to match up a the joints and how much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks