Recent content by JohnDavid

1. JohnDavid

Copper + compression fitting question

I have put in copper in my bathroom renovation--1st time sweating joints. I have a stub-out coming out of the floor near the base of the toilet (Soiree), since the wall behind the toilet is where a pocket door goes. Is it normal to just cut this off and attach the valve with a compression...
  2. JohnDavid

Thanks

Hi folks, Just wanted to thank you for a great forum and resource. I just started a bath/kitchen expansion and remodel. Yesterday I had the inspector out for the underfloor framing and plumbing inspection. Searching the forum here, along with a few questions, saved the day. No changes...
  3. JohnDavid

Toilet vent question

Looks like the only way I can vent my toilet is through the short wall I will build beside the toilet to close it off a bit from the vanities. (The wall behind it will be a pocket door and the wall on the other side is an external wall with major header at top.) The wall won't be built until...
  4. JohnDavid

A couple of DWV questions

Jim, Thanks. In San Jose, CA. Cal Building Code based on UPC. Not sure of fixture units and chart--gotta go look. And the second question? John
  5. JohnDavid

Question fundamentally has to do with combining separate vent lines in the attic and through the roof. Situation: Doing a remodel, Old bathroom had a toilet and shower sharing a 2" vent through the attic and out the roof. There is a separate 1 1/2 inch vent going through the roof for the...
  6. JohnDavid

Toto Soiree Install

Hi, I'm starting a remodel of my bathroom and moving toilet location. So--new subfloor, new tile, new DWV, etc. I plan on purchasing the skirted Soiree. Since this is a skirted model, what is your take on whether I should tile so that the flange sits on the tile, requiring drilling of...
  7. JohnDavid

Popcorn ceiling

Barry, I recently dealt with that in my home. The popcorn, when it gets, gets loose and can come down. If you don't want it, just spray with water and get a scraper. It will be messy. In that room I chose to remove it. To keep it up, yes--there is a spray at the big boxes that will...
  8. JohnDavid

About to start on a bathroom remodel and not lots of plumbing experience. 1. A 1 1/2 " drain from single vanity sink will connect on the horizontal with a 2" drain line from the shower. Each are previously vented. Is it correct that they be connected with a "y" fitting? 2. I...
  9. JohnDavid

waste size question

Bath remodel about to be in progress. I need to connect a waste vent from a sink ( 1 1/2") to the shower drain line (2"). Both lines will be vented prior to their connection. Under the UPC (San Jose, CA), can the waste line stay 2", or does it need to increase in size to a larger size at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks