Recent content by JohnBoston

1. JohnBoston

Questions about swapping out a Sloan Flushmate for a regular toilet

Hello, It always bugs me when folks give advice and then people never report back to say how it went, so here I am ........ a year later before I finally got around to it!! I changed out the flushmate for a Toto eco ultramax - wanted a one-piece with standard height Vs ADA/chair/comfort height...
  2. JohnBoston

Basement reno - switching from cast iron loop to home run PEX

Thanks I checked the actual temp. setting on the boiler and it is at 160. Seems low but that is what it is set at. This reduces the btu/hr to 130 which reduces the EDR as shown below. Should I use less than 160 supply temp.? In the doc that you linked it also says "Please note that a house...
  3. JohnBoston

I calculated the output for each radiator using this table from Utica https://uticaboilers.com/sites/default/files/Radiation Tables.pdf The radiators are the 5 tube type. There are also 3 in wall radiators that were not an exact match but I'm assuming the #'s are close enough. This is what I...
  4. JohnBoston

Thanks - that was a good read and an optimal design. Trust me, I would love to do that - new mod/con lochinvar knight with ODR, TRVs etc. but it is just not in the budget. I had some early discussions with local reputable heating guys for something similar and the back of the envelope all in...
  5. JohnBoston

Hello, In early planning stages of a basement reno. and would like to get some input. First off, I should say that I am very happy with my current heating system, although it is outdated and less efficient, and the only reason I am taking on this project is to gain headspace in the basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks